Beta or wait

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I prefer to wait. Betas = bugs, and I don't want to take a chance on messing up my daily driver. If you have multiple devices, you could use one to explore the new beta. As it is, we're less than a month away from iOS 13 being released to everyone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Should I jump on the Beta or wait for the final release

The latest beta is stable on some devices and unstable on others and there is no way for any of us to predict how it will perform on yours. With that being said, it is recommended that you wait for the final release.

Last edited:

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Been using each of the public betas on my Xs Max. PB6 has been pretty solid so far.

Did have a brief camera freeze this morning and in Pocket Casts, when typing in the search box I cannot see the text.

Not sure if it's an iOS 13 issue or Pocket Casts due to my use of the dark theme in the app.

The keyboard in iOS 13 is much improved regarding swipe input since the first few betas from my experience.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Quick question. Is there a way to go the original OS from the beta? The bugs have become annoying.

Quick answer is yes. The not so quick answer is: Yes there is, but I have never needed to do that, so you will have to use google to find out how to revert back to official release.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Is there a way to go the original OS from the beta? The bugs have become annoying.

Quick answer is yes. The not so quick answer is: Yes there is, but I have never needed to do that, so you will have to use google to find out how to revert back to official release.

Thanks. I’ll do some homework.

The painful way is to delete the beta profile and restore your iPhone via iTunes/Finder, but that’s a full restore. The less painful way is to delete the beta profile and find the IPSW for the current official release and update to that via iTunes/Finder.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes. Simply put your iPhone in DFU mode and then select the restore and update option within iTunes. iTunes will then install the latest official release of iOS.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Simply put your iPhone in DFU mode and then select the restore and update option within iTunes. iTunes will then install the latest official release of iOS.

Thank you so much. I will try it when I get home. Ice never used iTunes in my life. I went from a windows laptop to a MacBook Pro so I’m going to assume that will make the process a little easier.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. I will try it when I get home. Ice never used iTunes in my life. I went from a windows laptop to a MacBook Pro so I’m going to assume that will make the process a little easier.

You’re very welcome........As for whether it’s easier, I would suspect that it is, but I’ve never used iTunes on any computer except for a Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711