To Dark Mode or Not To Dark Mode

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh Okay and you consider that to be "standard color layout"? Can you provide a screenshot?...LOL. ENJOY.

Didn’t know what else to call it .

I can take a picture of the displays once I have the 11 pros set up but I’m afraid it won’t work as a screenshot.

If you want to try it yourself, here is a screenshot of the filter and the intensity level. You can find it in the display settings under accessibility in the settings app.

440435d2dcafbd097a01979f5f2b1aa4.plist

Once it’s set up it’s quite easy to trigger on an off with three clicks to the home button.

7342e65567aa46a176d75a7432699603.png

Enjoy.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Didn’t know what else to call it .

I can take a picture of the displays once I have the 11 pros set up but I’m afraid it won’t work as a screenshot.

If you want to try it yourself, here is a screenshot of the filter and the intensity level. You can find it in the display settings under accessibility in the settings app.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191006/440435d2dcafbd097a01979f5f2b1aa4.plist

Once it’s set up it’s quite easy to trigger on an off with three clicks to the home button.

Enjoy.

Got it. Basically you're using Dark/Light Mode with color enhancements.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Got it. Basically you're using Dark Mode with color enhancements.

I’m using colour filter/enhancements with or without dark mode.

If I have to look at anything without the color filter, for example editing a photo, I switch the filter or enhancement off.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Myself - Dark mode all the time -Apps which need manual setting ( eg Facebook Messenger & assorted news feeds & YouTube) are Dark mode.

My wife - Dark mode 6PM- 6AM, Light mode otherwise...

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Dark Mode Beta for Spark Email ( from Readdle)

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place ie is it a 'Dark mode' interest or an 'email' thing, so moderators please feel free to move it if needed.

In response to a query I made about 'When' Readdle would develop Dark mode for Spark on iOS / iPadOS, I was very impressed with their quick response, indicating that A / it would be 'really soon' and B/ offering me Beta version software in Dark mode to report back on. I'm usually very hesitant to use 'Beta anything' as I don't have the technical savvy to untie knots should they happen, but I have always been impressed with Readdle, so went ahead.

The download / install were very simple ( from a link in their reply letter) and it's now up & running on iPhone & iPad 13.1.2. Seems great and simply a Dark mode version of what I've used for a few years. I did the Dark mode on my iMac last year, when I first started with Dark email but have not as yet done Catalina - it's in 'steep like tea' stage as I await bugs if any to fly out of the carpet, probably until mid November +/-

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2