To Dark Mode or Not To Dark Mode

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m 40 and I love dark mode. I keep it on 100% of the time and feel it does improve battery life...a little. I’m running it on an iPhone X and my battery is at 94%.

To me it is one of the best features (along with native swipe keyboard).

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am on an off with Dark Mode. I think once apps adopt the automatic dark mode switching it will be much better. While I love dark mode, i hate being in a dark app then switch to an app that does not support it and have the screen blast me in the face with light

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I am on an off with Dark Mode. I think once apps adopt the automatic dark mode switching it will be much better. While I love dark mode, i hate being in a dark app then switch to an app that does not support it and have the screen blast me in the face with light

That in itself says something......

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

This^^^^^^lol

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday evening while doing a Google search, I was presented with an option to try a 'dark mode beta' on the Google App on my phone ( iPhone 8 plus, iOS12.4) I clicked on it and followed very simple instruction to go to settings & select it. It is, like any dark option, a delight to use and much easier on the eyes. I cannot however do the same on my iPad mini 4 yet ( also iOS 12.4) as it hasn't updated ( Both iPhone & iPad show Aug 27 & 28 for Google app last update) Has anyone seen the 'dark beta' prompt in the Google App yet, particularly on iPad? I'll do iOS 13 when it comes out for public download, with the caveat that I will likely hold off to digest feedback for the first few weeks, and get to it at about iOS 13.0.1 or 13.0.2 just to let early glitches shake themselves out. That habit has served me well for major ( yearly) updates so far...
404d98351d004334e1d7387cecb8c1c6.jpg
e00c96d8a90a88b5d989a1eaa7625c92.jpg

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
DARK mode 100% of the time on my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.9 (Gen 3 / 2018) Love it! Love it!

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday evening while doing a Google search, I was presented with an option to try a 'dark mode beta' on the Google App on my phone ( iPhone 8 plus, iOS12.4) I clicked on it and followed very simple instruction to go to settings & select it. It is, like any dark option, a delight to use and much easier on the eyes. I cannot however do the same on my iPad mini 4 yet ( also iOS 12.4) as it hasn't updated ( Both iPhone & iPad show Aug 27 & 28 for Google app last update) Has anyone seen the 'dark beta' prompt in the Google App yet, particularly on iPad? I'll do iOS 13 when it comes out for public download, with the caveat that I will likely hold off to digest feedback for the first few weeks, and get to it at about iOS 13.0.1 or 13.0.2 just to let early glitches shake themselves out. That habit has served me well for major ( yearly) updates so far...
404d98351d004334e1d7387cecb8c1c6.jpg
e00c96d8a90a88b5d989a1eaa7625c92.jpg

I haven’t got the dark mode beta from google but I was happy to see my Outlook now has dark mode

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It's a matter of personal preference but dark mode just makes sense on amoled displays. LCD with dark mode, imagine printing a report with all the unprinted area black and text white! ;)

Now if they could bring back the "glass" appearance of buttons like the old days. Especially in MacOS. It just looked better.

I haven’t got the dark mode beta from google but I was happy to see my Outlook now has dark mode

Office 2013 had a blinding white mode that could not be turned down. It was hideous. Seemed like Android and iOS followed suite. Hated it.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
It's a matter of personal preference but dark mode just makes sense on amoled displays. LCD with dark mode, imagine printing a report with all the unprinted area black and text white! ;)

Now if they could bring back the "glass" appearance of buttons like the old days. Especially in MacOS. It just looked better.

Office 2013 had a blinding white mode that could not be turned down. It was hideous. Seemed like Android and iOS followed suite. Hated it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods