iOS 13 beta 5 for developers is now available

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am on an 8+ So perhaps device specific to X's and 8's :(

Nope. I’m running the latest Dev beta on an iPhone X and I’m not experiencing any of what you’ve described.

The only glitch I’m experiencing that I wasn’t expecting with the previous betas is sometimes when I move or delete an email via the native Mail app I have to move or delete a second time.

Other than that, mr device had been issue- free.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with SwiftKey? Words are not registering when I type. I have to leave the SwiftKey keyboard and come back to it for the words to actually show up to whom I'm typing. Also, I have some sluggishness with a few apps that wasn't present in Beta 4....waiting and hoping Beta 6 will bring a better overall experience.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with SwiftKey? Words are not registering when I type. I have to leave the SwiftKey keyboard and come back to it for the words to actually show up to whom I'm typing. Also, I have some sluggishness with a few apps that wasn't present in Beta 4....waiting and hoping Beta 6 will bring a better overall experience.

I haven’t used a 3rd-party keyboard in years, but I use the built-in swipe feature of the native keyboard from time to time and find it to be spot on 99% of the time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven’t used a 3rd-party keyboard in years, but I use the built-in swipe feature of the native keyboard from time to time and find it to be spot on 99% of the time.

Yeah, I stopped using the Apple stock keyboard years ago and switched to a MUCH better SwiftKey keyboard. Sorry but the Apple stock keyboard couldn't hold SwiftKey's Jock*****...LOL.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I've actually experienced this on this beta with Gboard. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Was not an issue on beta 1-4. For the time being I'm using the stock apple keyboard until it's sorted out. I've also noticed on all betas that they are making it harder for you to access the emoji if you aren't using the native keyboard.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
The only issue i have had on a iPhone 7 Plus with this build is sometimes a lag in refreshing or lag in displaying the messages list in the email app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Happens on public beta as well.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
0359799d674c243d9e50a64ca1793379.jpg

Really loving dark mode! This beta has been so smooth. iPad Pro 11” and iPhone Xs

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
well that sorted out quickly. Launched itunes store, and instant reboot. :( guess I will wait for the next beta..

So.. final outcome. Downgraded to 12.4. Problems followed. Phone replaced. Issue resolved. Apple store could not find any fault. But the reboots continued so they swapped phone.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Messages has been acting up for me on this build, both on my iPad Pro and iPhoneX. When multitasking with messages on ipad, I get a blank screen every once in a while and have to swipe it away and re-add the panel to multi-tasking.

On my iPhone, when pulling down a messages notification to bring up the pop-up (while in another app), the pop up sends me to the top of the conversation and I can’t see what I’m typing.

I’ll try and get some screenshots

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Messages has been acting up for me on this build, both on my iPad Pro and iPhoneX. When multitasking with messages on ipad, I get a blank screen every once in a while and have to swipe it away and re-add the panel to multi-tasking.

On my iPhone, when pulling down a messages notification to bring up the pop-up (while in another app), the pop up sends me to the top of the conversation and I can’t see what I’m typing.

I’ll try and get some screenshots

I get the same issue on the iPhone on the PB. I reported it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice any issues connecting apps to Facebook?

The only issues with apps I have is angry birds 2 on my iPad. Just says connection error every time I try to get on. Started doing that on beta 3. Just chalking it up to being on a beta, and since it is just a fun time waster for me, not overly upset about it. I am sure it will be fixed once IOS13 officially launches.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m also not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but whenever I have apps waiting to update I no longer have the number notification. For example, in the photos below I have 7 updates pending, but when I exit the App Store there is no (7) indicator on the app icon as there always used to be.

cb680018e2470e15d691d3ee494cad5f.jpg
442fb6a7271b4cd84de513ec7b4ff96f.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s a buggy build, I’ve had 20+ resprings this weekend, and some cellular issues.

That’s crazy! Thankfully, I’ve not had a single respring with this build. Heck, I don’t recall having any with the previous build either.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative