iOS 13 beta 5 for developers is now available

dontjenksme

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Question for the room, which may be a dumb question. I noticed they took away the automations tab temporarily in the Shortcuts app, I've built a few on the previous beta that take advantage of the automation feature. My question is, has anyone compiled any shortcuts utilizing that tab and if so are they no longer working on beta 4/5 since the tab is gone? Or due to them already being compiled/implemented will they continue to run even though there is no automation tab. May skip this beta build if they no longer working as I like the automation shortcuts I have made.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have yet so see great battery on any beta but I also understand that this is beta so I am not worried about it.

Well, I didn’t have to use my charger while at work. Granted, I didn’t use my phone a lot today, but still. I guess battery life definitely is better than at least betas 1 to 3.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, I didn’t have to use my charger while at work. Granted, I didn’t use my phone a lot today, but still. I guess battery life definitely is better than at least betas 1 to 3.

Yeah it’s not any worse but it still sucks. Lol. Even the first build that goes official in September tends to suck some as well on battery. Probably not until a 13.0.1 or 13.1 until I think battery will be excellent. Just the beta life.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it’s not any worse but it still sucks. Lol. Even the first build that goes official in September tends to suck some as well on battery. Probably not until a 13.0.1 or 13.1 until I think battery will be excellent. Just the beta life.

I’m not sure why the “battery sucks” comments. I’ve gotten now 7-8 hours of screen on time and 22 hours of total time on my XS. That’s by far and away sufficient.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
13b5 made my email response more spiffy, but mail delivery to the device and refreshes etc are just as junk as in previous versions. today, the phone crashed (shutdown) requiring a hard reboot twice while in the mail app. In addition, my contact card in contacts now displays a random entry for my contact instead of my normal information, and if I correct it, when I relaunch contacts it goes back to the bad entry. :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure why the “battery sucks” comments. I’ve gotten now 7-8 hours of screen on time and 22 hours of total time on my XS. That’s by far and away sufficient.

Like you, my battery life is excellent for my usage.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I liked the "blue color font" that was on this screen with Beta 3/4...Not really liking the white.
127176c8874c49c59db81c73f6f4bb26.jpg

I liked the blue color as well. But, I’ll deal with the white because the interface is cool.

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Does everyone have the same build? For some reason it feels like my phone has changed since yesterday, it’s faster and I’m noticing things that weren’t there yesterday, like it might have updated itself overnight. I updated to Beta 5 as soon as it was released. Has there been another update?

I’m using iPhone X and build 13.0 (17A5547d)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does everyone have the same build? For some reason it feels like my phone has changed since yesterday, it’s faster and I’m noticing things that weren’t there yesterday, like it might have updated itself overnight. I updated to Beta 5 as soon as it was released. Has there been another update?

I’m using iPhone X and build 13.0 (17A5547d)

I’m on the same build on my iPhone 7 Plus

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
so a new problem has cropped up, my phone keeps rebooting when I'm using random applications, which include my email, browser, Tap Titans2(game), Reddit, Discord, etc. Another thing that started happening yesterday is that Waze and Google Maps now refuse to get past the initial screen (launch app, then blank screen). Reboot fixes that issue temporarily but then in another hour or so problem comes back..

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
so a new problem has cropped up, my phone keeps rebooting when I'm using random applications, which include my email, browser, Tap Titans2(game), Reddit, Discord, etc. Another thing that started happening yesterday is that Waze and Google Maps now refuse to get past the initial screen (launch app, then blank screen). Reboot fixes that issue temporarily but then in another hour or so problem comes back..

I have a colleague who has experienced this when using Messages. He and I discussed it and figure it may be device specific as I haven't experienced this behavior at all. He's running an iPhone X and I'm on a 7.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Since I last posted, it just went downhill where my apps would just trigger a reboot on launch, and if I waited till it came back and launched the app again, it would immediately reboot again, if I waited 5 minutes and then launched the app, it would run for a few minutes, then reboot.. finally gave up, wiped my phone and re-installed the beta. keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen