Carplay issues sending message to Android users (iOS13 latest public beta)

mike.strock

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
When I attempt to send a message to an Android user, using the 'Send Message' functionality through CarPlay, I get a message back that says 'Messages will complete your request shortly', but the message never gets sent.

This also occurs if I try to respond to a message that was sent to me. I get a message that says that 'Messages app is not functioning' or something to that effect.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks.

Mike.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m running the latest dev beta, but I’ve yet to experience what you’ve described. Hopefully, those who have will reply soon.

amekassa

Jul 28, 2019
Visit site
When I attempt to send a message to an Android user, using the 'Send Message' functionality through CarPlay, I get a message back that says 'Messages will complete your request shortly', but the message never gets sent.

This also occurs if I try to respond to a message that was sent to me. I get a message that says that 'Messages app is not functioning' or something to that effect.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks.

Mike.

mike.strock

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Easy reproduce case. I have my phone set to respond to Hey, Siri.

I say "Hey Siri, text Jim Bob Duggar'
Jim Bob Duggar has an Android phone. In my phone, his number is under 'mobile number'

For me, it reproduces every time.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had an issue with CarPlay that it doesn’t repeat back to me the message I dictate to Siri before it sends but I haven’t had the problem you’re talking about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2