Safari Question

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I must be missing something. Ever since I updated to the iOS 13 public beta when I’m on any website I can’t open things in new tabs. I’m using xr and used to only have to long press and then it would give me the option to open or open in new window/tab. Now when I long press there’s only the open option. I’ve gotta be missing something.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 126450

This is all that’s in the options when I long press now.

I just checked and can confirm you’re not missing anything. Like you, long pressing or even selecting a link does not open the page in a new tab even though I have it selected in the Safari settings.

I even created a couple of tabs, and then tried to long press on a link, but the page opened in the same tab instead of a new tab.

Have you submitted a report to Apple? I submitted feedback to Apple, just in case.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I did find a work around. If you click on copy open a new tab on your own you can long press the new tabs address bar and click paste and go it gives you the desired result but it’s definitely not as easy or user friendly lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did find a work around. If you click on copy open a new tab on your own you can long press the new tabs address bar and click paste and go it gives you the desired result but it’s definitely not as easy or user friendly lol.

Yeah I realize that when I was testing your claim. Hopefully, the omission will be remedied in the next dev beta update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73