Public Beta 3 has been mostly working well for me on my XR. I have three apps that crash when opening however: Pocket, Microsoft OneDrive and MSN Sports. Not a big deal, but hopefully they will be updated. Mail has been way better in this beta.
    07-24-2019 01:32 PM
    Public Beta 3 has been mostly working well for me on my XR. I have three apps that crash when opening however: Pocket, Microsoft OneDrive and MSN Sports. Not a big deal, but hopefully they will be updated. Mail has been way better in this beta.
    OneDrive is working fine for me (X and SE). Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall?
    07-25-2019 10:28 AM
    Beta 3 running smooth so far. Carplay is nice too.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2019 10:49 AM
    I had a weird bug today. I’m going to check tomorrow again if it’s still there.

In Mail, if I disable an Exchange-based account, it won’t delete the messages from the “All Mailboxes” inbox.
    07-25-2019 08:38 PM
    Yes but you also have to put your device back on the public release. So if you use iTunes to backup 12.4, install 13 beta, and want to go back to 12.4, you'll first have to put your device back on 12.4 then restore the iTunes backup. You can't restore different iOS versions.
    How do you roll back to 12.4 without restoring?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    07-26-2019 06:51 PM
    How do you roll back to 12.4 without restoring?
    Here's the link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

Follow the instructions under "Remove the developer beta by restoring your device".
    07-26-2019 07:55 PM
    Here's the link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

Follow the instructions under "Remove the developer beta by restoring your device".
    “Note that backups created while using beta software might not be compatible with older versions of iOS. If you don't have an older backup that was made using the current version of iOS, you might not be able to restore your device with your most recent backup.”

That's the part I had problems with and why I asked. I wasn't able to restore out of beta cause my backup was not of a standard release. It's why I've decided not to attempt anymore betas as well.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    07-26-2019 08:54 PM
    “Note that backups created while using beta software might not be compatible with older versions of iOS. If you don't have an older backup that was made using the current version of iOS, you might not be able to restore your device with your most recent backup.”

That's the part I had problems with and why I asked. I wasn't able to restore out of beta cause my backup was not of a standard release. It's why I've decided not to attempt anymore betas as well.
    Rule #1 before installing beta:
    Backup current device to iTunes.

That way if you want to go back after installing the beta, reload iOS and restore.
    07-26-2019 09:43 PM
    Yeah I understand that now. I also don’t like that if you’re several iterations into the beta, and want to roll back, you’ll have several months of data lost.
    ladyc0524 and love4speechless like this.
    07-26-2019 09:45 PM
    Anyone else having the issue with CarPlay and Phone calls? Each time I make or receive a phone call and answer via CarPlay, my phone unlocks to the call screen without FaceID.

I have also had the a bug when my phone is connected to my apple watch and i get a call.. it shows and vibrates my watch, but my phone. nothing. No call coming through, no vibration/ringtone
    07-27-2019 08:51 AM
    Just noticed there's no longer a delete photo option in the Details section of Messages. The only options I see when I press on an image are Save, Copy, and Share. This isn't an issue with most of my text conversations, but is in iMessage groups, where a lot of photos and videos are shared every day. They build up quickly, and take a lot of storage space on the phone and in iCloud.
    07-27-2019 12:30 PM
    Yeah I understand that now. I also don’t like that if you’re several iterations into the beta, and want to roll back, you’ll have several months of data lost.
    Welcome to Beta life. I run betas only on my secondary device, so if I crash my device I won’t have anything to lose. I understand what you are getting at, though and it sucks, but welcome to Beta life.
    07-28-2019 09:42 AM
    Welcome to Beta life. I run betas only on my secondary device, so if I crash my device I won’t have anything to lose. I understand what you are getting at, though and it sucks, but welcome to Beta life.
    Of course. I’m not meaning to complain. I have no basis for it as it is indeed the life of a beta tester. Just stating my reason for not ultimately taking the plunge.
    07-28-2019 09:57 AM
    I reverted my ipad(10.5 pro) back to 12.4.

IOS 13 itself was good(although the icons and icon text was too small for me). The issue is that too many apps aren't ready for ios 13 yet. I had some issues with apps I use every day that just made it too annoying to continue to use.

Hopefully these apps will start to catch up and I can go back.
    Last edited by Chuck_IV; 07-28-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    07-28-2019 01:56 PM
    I’m just so happy that OneDrive seems to finally be working again. It just uploaded about 500 pictures that it hasn’t uploaded since being on betas lol

I take it back. It’s gone back to not working
    Last edited by love4speechless; 07-29-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    07-28-2019 03:44 PM
    I’m just so happy that OneDrive seems to finally be working again. It just uploaded about 500 pictures that it hasn’t uploaded since being on betas lol

I take it back. It’s gone back to not working
    That's odd. Mine has been working without issues. Do you do background uploads? I don't use that but when I launch OneDrive my uploads start and complete as normal.
    07-30-2019 10:09 AM
    That's odd. Mine has been working without issues. Do you do background uploads? I don't use that but when I launch OneDrive my uploads start and complete as normal.
    They’re not working at all for me. They are stuck:

Edit: according to OneDrive they don’t upload photos that are optimized for iCloud storage. I just changed it to download and keep originals and they are uploading wtf lol
    Last edited by love4speechless; 07-30-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    07-30-2019 08:36 PM
    They’re not working at all for me. They are stuck:

[IMG=947x2048]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190731/0211ba6efa0ae469db47dfe447d9719a.jpg[/url]

Edit: according to OneDrive they don’t upload photos that are optimized for iCloud storage. I just changed it to download and keep originals and they are uploading wtf lol
    Try the new beta that released today.
    love4speechless likes this.
    07-30-2019 11:45 PM
    Rule #1 before installing beta:
    Backup current device to iTunes.

That way if you want to go back after installing the beta, reload iOS and restore.
    Well, back off the beta train.

Too many issues with some of my camera apps not saving photos to iCloud. Kinda detrimental as a photographer.
    08-02-2019 07:55 AM
    Well, back off the beta train.

Too many issues with some of my camera apps not saving photos to iCloud. Kinda detrimental as a photographer.
    iCloud is a mess for iOS 13
    08-02-2019 01:13 PM
70 123