iOS 13 Developer Beta 4 is now available

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Dev Beta 4 is running pretty smooth thus far on iPhone 7 Plus the only issue I am having with this Beta build is with the Carrier connection. It periodically will say “ No Service” and i have to flip the airplane mode on and back off to get it to reconnect. Ive tried soft reset and network settings reset. It will go several hours fine and then bam there it goes again. Not sure if its a beta issue or the phone hardware yet. Has anyone else experienced a “no service “ message ?

I often get a message asking me to add a data plan to my cellular iPad Pro even though this iPad is on unlimited data with T-Mobile. This error started with beta 4 and had happened several times a day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This "exploding" folder bug is KILLING me... has been around since iOS 13 beta debuted. Thought beta 4 might have fixed it (the whole new way to "rearrange apps" via 3D Touch), but alas, it has not. Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLT60mho2E

I've updated my bug report with apple, attaching the video posted above. Hopefully Apple gets around to it

What is exploding? I must be missing something as I watched your video.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
What is exploding? I must be missing something as I watched your video.

The circled folder in the photo below “explodes” when I move an app from page 2 into a folder on page 1. I should have started the video on page 1, moved to page 2, and then rearranged the apps. With the screenshot below, you can see that when I moved Tapatalk pro in the video from page 2 into the folder on page 1 named “forums,” the folder named “stores” that is on page 1, in the photo, “explodes” (i.e., the 9 apps inside the folder disperse and populate open spaces on pages 1 and 2).

0b8570b7c92bf1466a87360522bda39b.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The circled folder in the photo below “explodes” when I move an app from page 2 into a folder on page 1. I should have started the video on page 1, moved to page 2, and then rearranged the apps. With the screenshot below, you can see that when I moved Tapatalk pro in the video from page 2 into the folder on page 1 named “forums,” the folder named “stores” that is on page 1, in the photo, “explodes” (i.e., the 9 apps inside the folder disperse and populate open spaces on pages 1 and 2).

0b8570b7c92bf1466a87360522bda39b.jpg

I’m still lost. I don’t see anything exploding. You must moves around a ton to notice some annoying bug. I’m not saying it’s not there. I just don’t see what it is your meaning.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m still lost. I don’t see anything exploding. You must moves around a ton to notice some annoying bug. I’m not saying it’s not there. I just don’t see what it is your meaning.

Let’s try again. I just don’t understand how you can’t see it... before rearranging apps all of my apps are in folders (except for the one app on page two I am moving into a folder on page one); after I make the move, an entire folder of apps is scattered around my home screen not in a folder anymore.

Photos 1 and 2 = page 1 and page 2 of apps before anything.

Photos 3 and 4 = pages 1 and 2 after I move “tapatalk pro” from page 2 into the folder on page 1 titled “forums”. As you can see, the apps that were in the folder titled “stores” before I rearranged apps (see video) are now all over the place and there is no longer a folder named “stores” anywhere on my iPhone and I am forced to recreate the folder and rearrange my apps.

BEFORE REARRANGING APPS

30a06aaf872425e4d27c6b70000f800b.jpg
136748a223dd1cf7a26b8c01514037f9.jpg

AFTER REARRANGING APPS - “stores” folder has disappeared and the apps inside are scattered

7d11da08bafc2bc1da9887a1123b8867.jpg
ca8aabc5db7f047e7aea01a00420e7a9.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried numerous times, but when I drag an icon onto another one and then drop it, both apps appear in the folder. Nothing explodes or appear to do anything out of the ordinary on my iPhone, unless I'm misunderstanding the OP.

I’m assuming the issue is because I am trying to move an app into a folder that is on a “full page” and that there is a bug causing the folder that subsequently moves to page 2 “explode” for some reason.

Can you see/visualize the issue I’m personally experiencing on my end with the photos and videos I’ve posted?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir. Please check out the screen share video via the following link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M8yq-gYq-VdySm9DdzarKkinzWe-dwdJ

Yup, I think my issue is that I am moving a single app from a different page into a folder that is on a full page. For example, if I move the folder to page two, and then move the app into the folder, and then subsequently move the folder back to page one, I have no issue. Thefore, I’ve found a workaround, but would still like the bug fixed for convenience purposes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I think my issue is that I am moving a single app from a different page into a folder that is on a full page. For example, if I move the folder to page two, and then move the app into the folder, and then subsequently move the folder back to page one, I have no issue. Thefore, I’ve found a workaround, but would still like the bug fixed for convenience purposes.
I still get the same results as my previous test. I'll play around with it a bit more while I'm taking a break from reading my eBook to see if I can re-create the matter. I'll let you know what I discover, if anything.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let’s try again. I just don’t understand how you can’t see it... before rearranging apps all of my apps are in folders (except for the one app on page two I am moving into a folder on page one); after I make the move, an entire folder of apps is scattered around my home screen not in a folder anymore.

Photos 1 and 2 = page 1 and page 2 of apps before anything.

Photos 3 and 4 = pages 1 and 2 after I move “tapatalk pro” from page 2 into the folder on page 1 titled “forums”. As you can see, the apps that were in the folder titled “stores” before I rearranged apps (see video) are now all over the place and there is no longer a folder named “stores” anywhere on my iPhone and I am forced to recreate the folder and rearrange my apps.

BEFORE REARRANGING APPS

30a06aaf872425e4d27c6b70000f800b.jpg
136748a223dd1cf7a26b8c01514037f9.jpg

AFTER REARRANGING APPS - “stores” folder has disappeared and the apps inside are scattered

7d11da08bafc2bc1da9887a1123b8867.jpg
ca8aabc5db7f047e7aea01a00420e7a9.jpg

I see it now. So when you drop an icon from page 2 into a folder on page 1, it deletes the folder, and the apps spread out on the screen.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
What issues are people seeing with the Mail App?

Mine is a bit “glitchy” at times, but ultimately, when I pull down to refresh, all my mail comes in normally. Nothing fatal to my everyday use

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm seeing this as well. When I moved an icon from one page to another, and dropped it in my Utilities folder, the Camera folder below it deleted and the Camera app icons dispersed. That was odd, since I didn't drop anything into the Camera folder. When I press on an icon, I get an option to rearrange apps. You try that? I'm afraid to tap on it!
fa95a890695a9785221039a4e05fb26d.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR