Public beta 2 is out. Y'all know what you might want to do.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My Jeep Wrangler doesn't have CarPlay but its "UConnect" "iPod input" i.e. USB input has been been having some issues with beta 2 playing music stored on the phone. Trying to skip tracks takes 2-3 tries from the vehicle controls. Wasn't present with beta 1. I can get around it for now by skipping tracks on my watch in the "now playing" screen. Hopefully this doesn't make it all the way to release. I remember I think iOS 11.1 or 11.2 or something like that caused some sort of playback issues on an official release (don't remember the details now) and it drove me nuts for months until the next OS release fixed it. At least now I have a Watch which makes it pretty easy to skip the track.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My Jeep Wrangler doesn't have CarPlay but its "UConnect" "iPod input" i.e. USB input has been been having some issues with beta 2 playing music stored on the phone. Trying to skip tracks takes 2-3 tries from the vehicle controls. Wasn't present with beta 1. I can get around it for now by skipping tracks on my watch in the "now playing" screen. Hopefully this doesn't make it all the way to release. I remember I think iOS 11.1 or 11.2 or something like that caused some sort of playback issues on an official release (don't remember the details now) and it drove me nuts for months until the next OS release fixed it. At least now I have a Watch which makes it pretty easy to skip the track.

Make sure you report the issue with the Feedback app.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you report the issue with the Feedback app.

Yep I did. I wasn't sure if it would matter since it's a 7 year old vehicle and it doesn't get updates to that stuff and I figure at some point Apple is going to change how things work and it will eventually break, but who knows.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep I did. I wasn't sure if it would matter since it's a 7 year old vehicle and it doesn't get updates to that stuff and I figure at some point Apple is going to change how things work and it will eventually break, but who knows.

I agree to a point, though Bluetooth on your newer phone should be backwards compatible with the older device you are pairing it with. The older device won’t necessarily be able to take advantage of newer features of the newer Bluetooth on the phone, though.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I agree to a point, though Bluetooth on your newer phone should be backwards compatible with the older device you are pairing it with. The older device won’t necessarily be able to take advantage of newer features of the newer Bluetooth on the phone, though.

Well I haven't tested Bluetooth yet. In this case it's the USB iPod input exhibiting the behavior.

Twisters364

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any issues with MMS or Group Messaging? I am unable to toggle the MMS message switch, it appears locked. Also, android users within group texts are not showing in the group chain for me and come in as direct messages. I even know an android user who is getting an "Other Network" error when attempting to send me a text.

I have an iphone XR and I confirmed MMS and Group messages are both "On". Send as SMS is also switch On

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods