Public beta 2 is out. Y'all know what you might want to do.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone have this problem since updating to beta 2 that when someone calls you that no way to answer the call. The slide to answer is not there and you have to wait until the call ends to be able to call the person back. Thanks

No, not me. Have you tried any fix measures?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So my phone FINALLY updated. Though my iCloud backup didn’t work so I lost files and text messages from the last month. Sigh. Not my week technology wise lol

Yup, understandable. I usually put betas on my backup iPhone or tablet, though nether are getting iOS 13, so I am sitting out the iOS 13 beta.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I wish I hadn’t downloaded the public 2 beta. I am not happy with it at all. Both map apps crash and my car play doesn’t open up at all. I sent feedback but no reply to it.
I hope this is resolved. Public 1 beta was perfect for me......so I am not happy right now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don’t ever expect a reply to any feedback you give. It will never happen.

I got an email reply twice from the beta team, using the Feedback app in iOS 10 beta.
Here's one i got.
b8f3e99b38170aec6c08d4bad06b0070.jpg

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the Mail App its a mess right now for several devices.

That’s driving me crazy! I’m in the native map several times a day every day and it works fine on my iPhone X. Opening email, moving emailing, replying, saving attachment, composing and sending without any issues thus far.

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
App updates on my iPad Pro(10.5) are wonky. They will either just spin or e enually give up and ask you if you want to update again.

Then again, I am NOT on beta on my XS Max and I am seeing this(to a lesser extent) type thing with app updates too.

I think something is wonky with the app store in general.

Do you have a VPN or safari adblocker or ad blocker or vpn of any kind

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
App updates on my iPad Pro(10.5) are wonky. They will either just spin or e enually give up and ask you if you want to update again.

Then again, I am NOT on beta on my XS Max and I am seeing this(to a lesser extent) type thing with app updates too.

I think something is wonky with the app store in general.

I have dns and vpn protection for for both and it acts up in a similar way

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
That’s driving me crazy! I’m in the native map several times a day every day and it works fine on my iPhone X. Opening email, moving emailing, replying, saving attachment, composing and sending without any issues thus far.

Since the beta 3 was released for the 7 Plus i have seen some improvements on the mail app but still experiencing a few quirky things like messages not loading in the lists, a few blank message placeholders in message list from time to time and trash deleting is lagging or really slow and app freezes and closes periodically.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
So my phone FINALLY updated. Though my iCloud backup didn’t work so I lost files and text messages from the last month. Sigh. Not my week technology wise lol

Mine is still not working. Last backup was on 29.6.

Has anyone have this problem since updating to beta 2 that when someone calls you that no way to answer the call. The slide to answer is not there and you have to wait until the call ends to be able to call the person back. Thanks

I have problem that when I finish call screen is totally black except little phone icon in upper left corner.

Also, mail app is crashing. After reseting all settings it is better but still not as it should be.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since the beta 3 was released for the 7 Plus i have seen some improvements on the mail app but still experiencing a few quirky things like messages not loading in the lists, a few blank message placeholders in message list from time to time and trash deleting is lagging or really slow and app freezes and closes periodically.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing all of that and I’ve tried to replicate those things, but thus far, I have been unable to. Let’s hope that beta 4 will put an end to the issues.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I should have noted in my previous post... Stock email app works great except it's not pushing new emails or notifications to be specific.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Maps crash on both apps. Car play doesn’t work in my Rogue on this 2 public beta. I am disappointed. I should had just maintained public 1 which was perfect

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with iCloud sync after I reset all settings? It just wont sync.

It worked on beta 1 before I reset all setings. I assume it could be something related to settings not Beta. After I did a reset (on Beta 1) it stopped working.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Maps crash on both apps. Car play doesn’t work in my Rogue on this 2 public beta. I am disappointed. I should had just maintained public 1 which was perfect

For me carplay haa been working better on this build.
Maybe in a week the next beta will be out and will solve your issues