Do I Ever Think About Switching To Android?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I got frustrated with Android and Samsung with the debacle on the Note 7. Hence, that is when I made the switch. My first iPhone was then the 7+ and I have been happy ever since.
I have the XS Max now and it is the best ! Am on the public beta 13 iOS and pleased so far.
I am all in on Apple and not looking back.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I love my Android phone (OnePlus 6T), and I love my iPad Pro 12.7 (2nd Gen). The only time I take an opposite side to someone is when they're just *so* pro to one side or the other that it gets annoying; then I talk up the other OS just to get a rise out of them.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Im all for people choosing which they like ,be it apple or android or both.
I joke around with the people I personally know, as they do the same.
But that's all it is. Joking

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm still amazed at how so many of you run into people that care this much. My phone choices literally never come up unless someone is asking questions about something they can't figure out on their device lol.

Agree. The only time I ever complain to someone about their phone choice is when we're in a group text and someone isn't on iMessage so videos are terribly compressed on MMS. It feels so pre-historic so it brings out my complaining.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
In this day and age, people run 2 devices anyway. I can't live without both, to be honest. XiaoMis are good, well priced Android, and I rock that with an iPhone.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I did so last year. Went with a Samsung S9+. Had it for about 10 month and sold it earlier this year and went back to an iphone(XS Max).

There were a couple main reasons why I switched back, one being the rest of the family was on iphones and not being on a iphone was the lack of integration with the family with regard to apps and other things.

The other issue I had with the S9+ was I really started hating the curved screen. It was fun for about a hr and that's it. It distorted the edges of everything and it became annoying to me. I hope the iPhone never goes this route.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I do, but only because I came from Android in 2014 when the 6s series hit because I was intrigued with 3D Touch and had been thinking of trying Apple anyway in large part due to constantly hearing that apps were still more polished, came out first/exclusive, etc. If I went back it would definitely be a Pixel (or whatever Google direct name they're using at the time) just because that's the only way to reliably get all the security updates. Also I literally hate the skins that OEM's place on top of Android. Originally due to the performance hit, and in later years because I think they just still look ugly. Sure 3rd party launchers and icons hide some of that, but not all of it.

Anyway, I'm probably not going anywhere for a long time now unless either #1 the Watch starts working on Android, or #2 a WearOS watch appears that has the heart rate and EKG monitoring like the current gen Watches. Even then I'd have an iPad still and that kinda makes syncing stuff hard for some apps (like games). I had the same problem in reverse when I came to Apple. I was still using a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet for a couple years and it was frustrating at times.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If I want to buy groceries one phone is IT. And my iPad and Mac. I don’t need two phones. That’s just too much. I have enough in my purse. 🤪

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a very interesting question.

I've used Symbian, BlackBerry, Windows and Android mobile devices; but I've never used iOS devices. My reason has been since I've always used Windows and/or Linux desktop computers, but I've never used MacOS or even iTunes for Windows.

I'd be more open to iOS if I had an Apple desktop or notebook, but being a Windows/Linux user, I feel that Android is a better fit for me.

I was in the same boat... until I tried it. Next thing I knew I had a MacBook Pro an IPad and AirPods....

Millan Ta

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
I think when you become a user of iPhone slightly you don't like due to unique features and function but if you haven't use android and using Apple phone then you will definitely like the apple phone. And other things is that it's all about people interest what they like it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I flipped the script at AC. ;)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-news-discussion/969967-do-you-ever-think-about-switching-iphone.html[/FONT]

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
^ And my reply is the same: I use and like both systems, but have never thought of restricting myself to just one. I'd be unhappy if I had to. I'd miss each in different ways.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At this point, the only operating system I would consider returning to would be Blackberry OS specifically created by RIM/Blackberry, but since I don’t see that happening, I will remain with iOS for the foreseeable future....

KC1988

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
At this point, the only operating system I would consider returning to would be Blackberry OS specifically created by RIM/Blackberry, but since I don’t see that happening, I will remain with iOS for the foreseeable future....

Geez, if Blackberry OS came back strong, I'd end up with 3 phones. Already have an iPhone and Google Pixel.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No because I like the cohesiveness of my Apple devices. That’s not to say I’ll never go back to Android, it just means my iPhone is perfect for my current needs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73