iOS 13 Dev Beta 3 is now available

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Usually that is a new phone issue. If you go into settings and imessage you should see a thing that says "start message from" and then has the number or email.

That's what I thought, but in my settings I still have iMessages set to be sent from my phone number, not my email; however, some contacts have reportedly started getting messages coming from one of my emails attached to my iCloud account (and not new conversations, i.e., on their end in the middle of a conversation it switched from my phone number to my email)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought, but in my settings I still have iMessages set to be sent from my phone number, not my email; however, some contacts have reportedly started getting messages coming from one of my emails attached to my iCloud account (and not new conversations, i.e., on their end in the middle of a conversation it switched from my phone number to my email)

Sometimes when that happens you have to delete the convo and start a new one. Not sure why it does that sometimes.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Try logging out of iMessage and logging back in and setting up again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Between yesterday and this morning, I’ve had twelve 3rd-party app updates. Are we expecting a new dev beta to drop today or something?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it's not ready for prime time yet? I might stick it out a while yet, before jumping to the 13 band wagon.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it's not ready for prime time yet? I might stick it out a while yet, before jumping to the 13 band wagon.

Beta 3 sucks. Touch responsive is not good. A lot of crashes. It’s the worst beta of the 3. I don’t care what anybody says. It’s horrible. I’m really looking forward to beta 4.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
The macOS Catalina forum is dead... but if anyone was interested a new Catalina beta (4?) dropped today! Downloading currently.

Haven’t seen anything for iOS/iPadOS/watchOS; tbh I don’t see beta 4 coming until next Mon/Tues if it hasn’t dropped by end of day

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Beta 3 sucks. Touch responsive is not good. A lot of crashes. It’s the worst beta of the 3. I don’t care what anybody says. It’s horrible. I’m really looking forward to beta 4.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The macOS Catalina forum is dead... but if anyone was interested a new Catalina beta (4?) dropped today! Downloading currently.

Haven’t seen anything for iOS/iPadOS/watchOS; tbh I don’t see beta 4 coming until next Mon/Tues if it hasn’t dropped by end of day

Yeah, I saw the update earlier and installed it, but I haven’t taken the time to check it out yet. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance tomorrow.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having a bluetooth issue when playing through car bluetooth? I’m running into a bug where I can see my up-next and scroll using my steering wheel, but can’t select a new song within the playlist or skip a song unless I pick up my phone and tap “next” or a different song manually.

I’ve attached a video to explain better.

Btw, I’m not running CarPlay (I prefer BMW iDrive), just simply playing music through my phone connected to bluetooth.

All other bluetooth functions work normally and great!

Also... it seems that you can’t post/attach a video from camera roll onto Tapatalk or the iMore forums app, so I had to upload to YouTube haha (if anyone knows an easier way, please let me know for the future!)

Do you all think that I should submit this bug to apple? Or is it too remote (i.e., could be a problem with my car’s bluetooth or something not syncing right on BMWs side, and not apple)

https://youtu.be/q91p9PMIJuE

I’m having issues with iDrive and BT on my BMW X5 (pre-CarPlay). Playlists don’t load properly and I can’t use steering wheel control to advance songs.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m having issues with iDrive and BT on my BMW X5 (pre-CarPlay). Playlists don’t load properly and I can’t use steering wheel control to advance songs.

I have no issues with playlists not loading, but I do have that issue with being unable to advance songs using the steering wheel. I sent in a bug report to apple with the video about included and a sysdiagnose, so hopefully it will be fixed in beta 4!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711