iOS 13 Dev Beta 3 is now available

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this first with message notifications, I generally turn off all audible notifications, and it’s dinging away. Also playback pause and resume appears to be hit and miss in B3, this rather compounds the issue as not only do you get a notification you didn’t ask for, your media playback pauses and might not come back. Radars filed, just #BetaLife experiences as we all expect.

Text message notifications have been flawless for me and so has media playback - at least to this point...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm finally back on Dev Beta for the first time in about two years. So far I'm liking iOS13 Beta 3 very much with no real noticeable problems on my Xs Max that wouldn't be expected on an early version of a beta. I will look around for the next few days a report back if I find anything significant to report. So far so GOOD.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
On my 14 1/2 hour drive back. Car play crashed at least 20 times.

Scenario: As im using apple maps and I want to open an app (any app), car play crashes for a second and restarts on its on. Or if I changed music to a playlist not listed in carplay, it crashes. Sometimes it just randomly crashed because it felt like it. So I caution trying to use it on long trips, it almost made me miss an exit along the way. Otherwise all things are great with the beta.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site

Scenario: As im using apple maps and I want to open an app (any app), car play crashes for a second and restarts on its on. Or if I changed music to a playlist not listed in carplay, it crashes. Sometimes it just randomly crashed because it felt like it. So I caution trying to use it on long trips, it almost made me miss an exit along the way. Otherwise all things are great with the beta.

My experience exactly

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Which Apple iPhone are you currently using with iOS13 Beta3?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This past Thursday, I drove 7 hours to NC and drove 7 hours back the next day. To and fro I was using CarPlay to stream my Music playlists, and not one time did it crash. Granted, I didn’t use Maps because I knew the route.

Your experience is different from mine, obviously. With that being said, which iPhone model are you using?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use iPhone X Beta 13 Dev 3 and i use CarPlay flawlessly also. Use it with Waze and Maps and stream Pandora, Apple Music with no crashes. Messages and phone calls work also.

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
I’ve had 2 crashes with CarPlay so far, but only while using a crappy cable, bought a new official cable from Apple and no issues since. I had a 3 hour drive with CarPlay running, using maps, music and phone calls, no crashes. I’m on Dev Beta 3 with iPhone X.

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
They’ve released another Beta 3? I’m already on Beta 3 though....lol
1c2a75c80634ab40a81734a6d56dc141.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this iOS13 Beta 3 is only 117.4mb for my Xs Max already on Beta 3...probably for the 7 Plus and something else for a minor update.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
122.6mb for my iPhoneX

Will report if anything odd happens/seems different

However, it does seem odd that my iPad Pro also has a new “beta 3” for iPadOS if this release is just to include the 7/7+.

Don’t have my watch or MacBook pro on me, but I’ll check if there are new “beta 3” updates for watchOS and/or Catalina

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully it has fixed my GPS issue.

What? Nooooo
I just got used to your texts and posts about this gps issue.
Whatcha gonna complain about now?

Oh, and yes. I finally got beta 3 on my phone.
It’s really time for me to upgrade to a new phone. Hopefully in October when the 2019 version of the XS Max is released.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing new for watchOS or Catalina.

iPhoneX and iPad Pro seem to be running the same as with the old beta 3. Build number on both is listed as
13.0 (17A5522g)