iOS 13 Dev Beta 3 is now available

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get the smart date detectors for Reminders to work in beta 3. In B1 and B2 if I typed “tomorrow”, “today” etc I could tap them and then the date would be entered. Seems to have vanished in B3.

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get the smart date detectors for Reminders to work in beta 3. In B1 and B2 if I typed “tomorrow”, “today” etc I could tap them and then the date would be entered. Seems to have vanished in B3.

Yes, also not working for me in beta 3. Others also reported the same. Imagine either a bug in beta 3, or Apple have removed it as was not working correctly

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Biggest issue I have with beta 3 is GPS. It’s really screwy.

Did you report this in the Feedback app? Have you used the Feedback app at all? I'm curious if using it takes a lot of storage, like it did when I did iOS 10 beta. I submitted 30 bug reports, and it took about 14 gb of my storage space. That 14 gb of software stayed on my phone until I got a new 6s Plus in November.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who uses Arlo security cams chime in to say if the no live video bug is gone in this latest beta please?

cgordonn

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Using an XS Max here and just moved from Public Beta 1, to Dev Beta 3. One issue I had with the public beta was Hey Siri not working properly. I could say the command Hey Siri and Siri would activate, but not respond to any further voice commands. I could type the commands and actions, but voice commands won't work. The dev beta 3 is having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

I figured out the issue I was having with Siri voice commands. When I updated to PB1, the update caused a control setting to be changed. This control is under SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > SIRI and the control is TYPE TO SIRI. Once I turned this setting off, total Siri voice control was restored. Why Apple took this one Siri function and stuck it elsewhere, instead of grouping in with all the other Siri settings...grrrrrrr

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured out the issue I was having with Siri voice commands. When I updated to PB1, the update caused a control setting to be changed. This control is under SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > SIRI and the control is TYPE TO SIRI. Once I turned this setting off, total Siri voice control was restored. Why Apple took this one Siri function and stuck it elsewhere, instead of grouping in with all the other Siri settings...grrrrrrr

Thank you for the follow-up...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you select the clock looking icon, you will notice that the date already appear for today, tomorrow and next weekend. Am I missing something?

IMG_0091.jpg

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with CarPlay? I see the app list on my phone, but when I connect my phone to the car the list goes away.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with CarPlay? I see the app list on my phone, but when I connect my phone to the car the list goes away.

App list? Are you referring to the list of installed CarPlay compatible apps?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sorry. The list of compatible apps under the CarPlay settings on the phone.

I only have A select few installed on my device, but they appear on the screen and are selectable. Give me a few minutes to go outside to my car to make sure things are still working properly. During my road trip Thursday and Friday, everything was fine.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: My CarPlay compatible apps that appear in the settings also appears on my infotainment display when in CarPlay mode. In addition, they are selectable and they work when selected.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: My CarPlay compatible apps that appear in the settings also appears on my infotainment display when in CarPlay mode. In addition, they are selectable and they work when selected.

Hmm. Mine show on the list on my phone, but when I go back to the previous page and then back in to customize, the list doesn’t show anymore.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Mine show on the list on my phone, but when I go back to the previous page and then back in to customize, the list doesn’t show anymore.

Just to be clear, are you saying the list disappears from the phone’s CarPlay settings when connected to your car via CarPlay?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, are you saying the list disappears from the phone’s CarPlay settings when connected to your car via CarPlay?

So if I go to Settings/General/CarPlay/Customize, at first I’ll see the list of compatible apps. If I go back to the previous screen, and then try to customize again, there’s no list.

I see the green CarPlay icon on my radio screen, but if I tap the icon nothing happens. I also don’t see the compatible apps there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So if I go to Settings/General/CarPlay/Customize, at first I’ll see the list of compatible apps. If I go back to the previous screen, and then try to customize again, there’s no list.

I see the green CarPlay icon on my radio screen, but if I tap the icon nothing happens. I also don’t see the compatible apps there.

Oh okay. Yeah, I’m not experiencing any of that. Try disabling CarPlay and then removing your device from your car’s infotainment system and then pair your iPhone to your car again. If that doesn’t work, try resetting all settings and then pair your phone again to your car.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I found an issue....(gasp)...I am getting audible email notifications, but not badge notifications even though it’s setup to do so for all my configured email accounts in the Mail Settings. This is occurring with the both the native Mail app and Spark.

What’s strange is the fact that I’ve seen the badge notifications before, but I can’t remember if it’s been with this beta build or the previous.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
If you select the clock looking icon, you will notice that the date already appear for today, tomorrow and next weekend. Am I missing something?

In B1 and B2 Today, Tomorrow and Next Weeekend came up as blue selections in the keyboard smart suggestions, you just had to tap that and it would set the date for you. It’s a small difference, but it was a great idea and I hope they decide to bring this back. I do love the adoption of more generic Today/Tomorrow/Next Weekend, that way you don’t have to think of specific dates (anything that removes friction between me and getting a task into reminders is a great thing). I’ve used Any.Do for years, because of the simple approach of Today/Tomorrow/Upcoming/Someday, Things almost had it for me but not quite. Oddly the standard reminders app might just be the best option for me, however I can’t believe in the all tasks view they don’t have a way of sorting all tasks by due date with anything without a date at the end, then allowing us to drag and drop to change. I know they have the scheduled list etc, but just one list of tasks sorted by date would be handy (also Things has this problem).

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I found an issue....(gasp)...I am getting audible email notifications, but not badge notifications even though it’s setup to do so for all my configured email accounts in the Mail Settings. This is occurring with the both the native Mail app and Spark.

What’s strange is the fact that I’ve seen the badge notifications before, but I can’t remember if it’s been with this beta build or the previous.

I noticed this first with message notifications, I generally turn off all audible notifications, and it’s dinging away. Also playback pause and resume appears to be hit and miss in B3, this rather compounds the issue as not only do you get a notification you didn’t ask for, your media playback pauses and might not come back. Radars filed, just #BetaLife experiences as we all expect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234