iOS 13 public beta on primary device

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. So every year I install the public betas on my primary (and only) iPhone because I’m too impatient! I’ve read on CNET that this year’s public release is riddled with bugs and the worst in many years.

Just wanted to know how many of you will be/have already installed the beta on your primary devices and how’s it holding up?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks. So every year I install the public betas on my primary (and only) iPhone because I’m too impatient! I’ve read on CNET that this year’s public release is riddled with bugs and the worst in many years.

Just wanted to know how many of you will be/have already installed the beta on your primary devices and how’s it holding up?

This is the same as dev beta 2 which I’ve had this build on my phone since it released last Monday. I disagree with CNET. I believe it’s one of the most stable early betas in many years. CNET is all about page hits in my opinion.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
This is the same as dev beta 2 which I’ve had this build on my phone since it released last Monday. I disagree with CNET. I believe it’s one of the most stable early betas in many years. CNET is all about page hits in my opinion.

Wow that’s reassuring. I was a bit taken aback by the negative review as iOS betas usually don’t perform so poorly. So you haven’t any debilitating crashes and battery drains?

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Iphone X. Yes it seems installatin gas stopped...i will update here the situation.

Is it ok to restart phone during preinstalation?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been on iOS 13 on all my primary devices since beta 1... It is buggy, but it is absolutely stable on a primary device.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow that’s reassuring. I was a bit taken aback by the negative review as iOS betas usually don’t perform so poorly. So you haven’t any debilitating crashes and battery drains?

Battery has seemed pretty good. Crashes some on my iPad. On occasion. Can’t remember the last one on my Xs.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery has seemed pretty good. Crashes some on my iPad. On occasion. Can’t remember the last one on my Xs.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m seriously mulling taking the plunge over the weekend. Though over at the Reddit thread there appears to be quite a few complaints..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I am not seeing all of these "bugs." I have it running on my XS as well as my ipad pro (11) and not really any show stopper bugs that I am seeing. Pretty solid for the first beta.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have it on an iPad Pro 12.9. This isn't a primary device, so the only app I really tested was mail.

I have 5 email accounts (1 exchange & 4 IMAP). Mail would not display correctly (columns out of alignment) and it failed to connect a few times. I had to close mail a few times before it finally looked & connected normally.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Have been on Developer beta 1&2. Went back to iOS 12.4. Too much instability and battery issues for me. Multiple applications not working fully as well.

Stay on iOS 12.4 at least until 2-3 more betas come and go IMO.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Have been on Developer beta 1&2. Went back to iOS 12.4. Too much instability and battery issues for me. Multiple applications not working fully as well.

Stay on iOS 12.4 at least until 2-3 more betas come and go IMO.

Oh wow this is what I’m afraid of. Thanks for sharing! What’s your device btw?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet. That being said, I’ve been running it on my daily driver and I had more issues with beta 1. I would recommend waiting until at least the next beta update unless you’re comfortable navigating and using a phone with early software.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet. That being said, I’ve been running it on my daily driver and I had more issues with beta 1. I would recommend waiting until at least the next beta update unless you’re comfortable navigating and using a phone with early software.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds prudent - I’ll probably wait for the next public beta, if I can succeed in restraining myself that long lol. Maybe another week or so?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds prudent - I’ll probably wait for the next public beta, if I can succeed in restraining myself that long lol. Maybe another week or so?

Yesterday I was surprised that they released the public beta with this. It’s not unusable by any stretch but it indeed needs some work.

Exactly, I’ve pretty much been on betas only since iOS 7, so I’m no stranger to the bugs. Though I do have to be a little more careful now as I absolutely need my phone for work. I almost went back to iOS 12 from the first beta and the current beta had some issue that made me want to go back, however, I had just installed watchOS 6 so I’m stuck with it now. Definitely waiting for the next public beta at least is going to be better for most people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711