Hi folks. So every year I install the public betas on my primary (and only) iPhone because I’m too impatient! I’ve read on CNET that this year’s public release is riddled with bugs and the worst in many years.

Just wanted to know how many of you will be/have already installed the beta on your primary devices and how’s it holding up?
    06-25-2019 12:34 AM
    Hi folks. So every year I install the public betas on my primary (and only) iPhone because I’m too impatient! I’ve read on CNET that this year’s public release is riddled with bugs and the worst in many years.

Just wanted to know how many of you will be/have already installed the beta on your primary devices and how’s it holding up?
    This is the same as dev beta 2 which I’ve had this build on my phone since it released last Monday. I disagree with CNET. I believe it’s one of the most stable early betas in many years. CNET is all about page hits in my opinion.
    06-25-2019 01:18 AM
    This is the same as dev beta 2 which I’ve had this build on my phone since it released last Monday. I disagree with CNET. I believe it’s one of the most stable early betas in many years. CNET is all about page hits in my opinion.
    Wow that’s reassuring. I was a bit taken aback by the negative review as iOS betas usually don’t perform so poorly. So you haven’t any debilitating crashes and battery drains?
    06-25-2019 03:10 AM
    How much time do you need to install beta iOS13? I just started instalation and it says “one day remaining”...
    06-25-2019 03:43 AM
    How much time do you need to install beta iOS13? I just started instalation and it says “one day remaining”...
    That doesn’t sound normal. What device are you using?
    06-25-2019 03:45 AM
    Iphone X. Yes it seems installatin gas stopped...i will update here the situation.

Is it ok to restart phone during preinstalation?
    06-25-2019 03:46 AM
    I have been on iOS 13 on all my primary devices since beta 1... It is buggy, but it is absolutely stable on a primary device.
    iwicked, Premium1 and mumfoau like this.
    06-25-2019 03:56 AM
    Wow that’s reassuring. I was a bit taken aback by the negative review as iOS betas usually don’t perform so poorly. So you haven’t any debilitating crashes and battery drains?
    Battery has seemed pretty good. Crashes some on my iPad. On occasion. Can’t remember the last one on my Xs.
    iwicked and Premium1 like this.
    06-25-2019 09:20 AM
    Battery has seemed pretty good. Crashes some on my iPad. On occasion. Can’t remember the last one on my Xs.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m seriously mulling taking the plunge over the weekend. Though over at the Reddit thread there appears to be quite a few complaints..
    06-25-2019 09:57 AM
    I have been on iOS 13 on all my primary devices since beta 1... It is buggy, but it is absolutely stable on a primary device.
    Good to know!
    06-25-2019 09:58 AM
    Been using it since yesterday. Yes, a little glitchy but nothing out of the ordinary.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-25-2019 01:21 PM

I am not seeing all of these "bugs." I have it running on my XS as well as my ipad pro (11) and not really any show stopper bugs that I am seeing. Pretty solid for the first beta.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-25-2019 03:23 PM
    I have it on an iPad Pro 12.9. This isn't a primary device, so the only app I really tested was mail.

I have 5 email accounts (1 exchange & 4 IMAP). Mail would not display correctly (columns out of alignment) and it failed to connect a few times. I had to close mail a few times before it finally looked & connected normally.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-25-2019 03:29 PM
    Have been on Developer beta 1&2. Went back to iOS 12.4. Too much instability and battery issues for me. Multiple applications not working fully as well.

Stay on iOS 12.4 at least until 2-3 more betas come and go IMO.
    iwicked and aximtreo like this.
    06-25-2019 04:30 PM
    Have been on Developer beta 1&2. Went back to iOS 12.4. Too much instability and battery issues for me. Multiple applications not working fully as well.

Stay on iOS 12.4 at least until 2-3 more betas come and go IMO.
    Oh wow this is what I’m afraid of. Thanks for sharing! What’s your device btw?
    06-25-2019 10:42 PM
    It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet. That being said, I’ve been running it on my daily driver and I had more issues with beta 1. I would recommend waiting until at least the next beta update unless you’re comfortable navigating and using a phone with early software.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-25-2019 10:49 PM
    It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet. That being said, I’ve been running it on my daily driver and I had more issues with beta 1. I would recommend waiting until at least the next beta update unless you’re comfortable navigating and using a phone with early software.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds prudent - I’ll probably wait for the next public beta, if I can succeed in restraining myself that long lol. Maybe another week or so?
    06-26-2019 12:03 AM
    It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet.
    Yesterday I was surprised that they released the public beta with this. It’s not unusable by any stretch but it indeed needs some work.
    06-26-2019 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds prudent - I’ll probably wait for the next public beta, if I can succeed in restraining myself that long lol. Maybe another week or so?
    Yesterday I was surprised that they released the public beta with this. It’s not unusable by any stretch but it indeed needs some work.
    Exactly, I’ve pretty much been on betas only since iOS 7, so I’m no stranger to the bugs. Though I do have to be a little more careful now as I absolutely need my phone for work. I almost went back to iOS 12 from the first beta and the current beta had some issue that made me want to go back, however, I had just installed watchOS 6 so I’m stuck with it now. Definitely waiting for the next public beta at least is going to be better for most people.
    06-26-2019 12:14 AM
    Downloaded and its really full of bugs.
    My bank app stopped working.
    Batery life disaster...
    06-26-2019 01:04 AM
    It appears quite a few people are facing issues with the beta. I’ve checked out the Reddit thread and it has many complaints. I’m also thinking maybe it’s better to hold on upgrading at this point.
    06-26-2019 01:40 AM
    Been using the dev beta 2 on my iPhone X daily driver since it was released, with no major issues whatsoever.

All my apps work fine, battery life has been stellar, no random reboots, and I’m absolutely loving the increased speed and new features.

Sure, there are a few minor glitches, but this is way better than early 12 betas were this time last year. Way better!
    iwicked likes this.
    06-26-2019 03:43 AM
    Oh wow this is what I’m afraid of. Thanks for sharing! What’s your device btw?
    I'm using an iPhone XS.
    06-26-2019 05:01 AM
    I’m using the beta on my primary device being the XS Max. One drive has stopped uploading photos and mail is not sending emails with pictures correctly. I’m thinking of switching back to 12.4 but I’m loving dark mode and the new swiping keyboard too much to take the plunge backwards lol
    iwicked likes this.
    06-26-2019 07:02 AM
    Well, I have it installed on my "primary" iPad and so far it's working ok. I've submitted a few feedback emails on things that may be normal, but went ahead and sent them in anyway.
    iwicked and Annie_8plus like this.
    06-26-2019 07:06 AM
110 123 ...