iOS 13 public beta on primary device

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I understand but installing a beta should still feel like a fresh new start. At least that’s how I feel every year anyway lol.

I should have also added that I want it to feel like a new phone in September, when the new iPhones are released. It’s going to be hard not to jump on the beta train, but I work so much and don’t have time to even test the beta out, so that helps a ton not to update.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I should have also added that I want it to feel like a new phone in September, when the new iPhones are released. It’s going to be hard not to jump on the beta train, but I work so much and don’t have time to even test the beta out, so that helps a ton not to update.

Yeah that’s understandable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've got this beta on my iPhone 6s Plus. It's my daily driver and I have no other iPhone or an iPad. It's been very stable and smooth. My Bank Independent app works great. I've found no issues in the apps I use the most. But I have about 240 apps. I see a few things I don't like, but the OS itself has been great.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've got this beta on my iPhone 6s Plus. It's my daily driver and I have no other iPhone or an iPad. It's been very stable and smooth. My Bank Independent app works great. I've found no issues in the apps I use the most. But I have about 240 apps. I see a few things I don't like, but the OS itself has been great.

That is really good to hear, given the age of your device. How’s the speed?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Since iOS 13 is faster according to Apple, speed should not be a factor on any device.

Sure but my mind can’t help but wonder how new updates can make a 4 year old device actually run faster! Maybe it’ll be more like the device won’t slow down noticeably or run at similar speeds?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
About the same as in iOS 12. Haven't thought about speed. Was having some loading issues, but rebooted my wifi modem, and it got better.

This is really good to hear. Off topic question: if you replace the battery through Apple, is it the same battery as found in brand new Apple iPhones? I’m just thinking you must’ve replaced your battery in all these years and does that actually make performance sort of like brand new.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
This is really good to hear. Off topic question: if you replace the battery through Apple, is it the same battery as found in brand new Apple iPhones? I’m just thinking you must’ve replaced your battery in all these years and does that actually make performance sort of like brand new.

I had my iPhone 6S battery replaced by a 3rd party authorized repair shop (battery recall) and it was a brand new iPhone 6S battery.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

AFAIK, the batteries Apple puts in new phones are the same as their replacements. I'm on my 2nd 6s Plus. Took my 3 year old to the Apple Store in November for a new battery. They broke the torch and camera. So they gave me a brand new 6s Plus. No refurb.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK, the batteries Apple puts in new phones are the same as their replacements. I'm on my 2nd 6s Plus. Took my 3 year old to the Apple Store in November for a new battery. They broke the torch and camera. So they gave me a brand new 6s Plus. No refurb.

That’s fortuitous. I’m planning to stick with my XS for 3/4 years so I was curious about Apple’s battery replacement.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Installed the public beta on iPhone X this AM. I love dark mode & "swipe".

The apps I use most often and are working are -> Waze, iMessage, WhatsApp, Mail (can't print though), TeamSnap, Zmodo (remote cameras), CreditKarma, CapitalOne, Chase, Amex, Instagram, Twitter, DarkSky, Dropbox & Evernote.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You should look at it chronologically.
When dev beta 2 was released, they weren’t sure if it would break more than it would fix, hence the warning.
A week later, after intensive testing, both internally and by devs, they deemed beta 2 to be safe to pushed out to the public. That’s why the warning isn’t there anymore.

In the few first weeks you’ll notice a significant delay (sometimes even up to a week) between the dev and public betas being released. This is all to make sure that public betas are relatively safe to be pushed out to the public.

You know what? This answers my question quite adequately. I’m sure these dev and public betas will have a week between releases from here on out.

I guess we’ll get beta 3 today for devs.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You know what? This answers my question quite adequately. I’m sure these dev and public betas will have a week between releases from here on out.

I guess we’ll get beta 3 today for devs.

I hope so. I’m having mail problems (not receiving content and sometimes no sender shown) and app update issues (can’t update via regular updates— I have to click on each one, which takes me to App Store, and install update from there).

Maybe dev beta 3 will fix these issues. Never had them before 13.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Never had them before 13 because you probably weren't running a beta 1 release :yes:

Caveat Utilitor

I hope so. I’m having mail problems (not receiving content and sometimes no sender shown) and app update issues (can’t update via regular updates— I have to click on each one, which takes me to App Store, and install update from there).

Maybe dev beta 3 will fix these issues. Never had them before 13.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am in the process. I have never tried out a beta. I usually hold off for the official, but I am really excited about the iOS 13 so I want it now. It is downloading now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods