It’s strange that they had the “thrill seekers” warning for dev beta 2 and when public beta 1 (dev beta 2) released this week the “thrill seekers” warning wasn’t there anymore.

How can the exact same beta build have that warning and a week later not have that warning? All I’m saying.
    I think that had more to do with the public beta being released at a later date than the dev beta. I think at that time, they wanted to point fingers and say, "We're talking to you!". LOL
    06-29-2019 10:18 AM
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Will you be going for public beta 2?
    Yes, more than likely I will. I love it other than having those issues.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-29-2019 03:28 PM
    Do you guys suggest betas
    06-29-2019 05:44 PM
    Do you guys suggest betas
    I suggest them only if they understand that beta is unfinished software, they may experience bugs & glitches more than others, and certain apps may not work.
    06-29-2019 05:55 PM
    Does about the new music app work? Is it pretty buggy or not
    06-29-2019 06:07 PM
    Running public beta 1 on my daily driver, XS Max. It's buggy, but no where near a disaster to use. The stock apps have issues, which are to be expected. Mail is a bit quirky syncing mail and Messages has some lag issues when selected Messages from the share sheet. Hey Siri doesn't work at all, it will acknowledge my "hey Siri", but won't do anything I ask it to. Siri voices won't download, nor does Hey Siri work with the new CarPlay interface. Third party apps have issues too. Fantastical gives me an occasional error, SmartNews is missing the control glyphs, Dunkin Donuts won't generate a QR code for payment. Annoyances, but not deal breakers. Apple will like push out public beta 2 sometime next week, so I can be patient.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-29-2019 06:40 PM
    Normally I jump on the beta train with my primary, but this year since I’m not upgrading my XS Max, I want to be surprised with iOS 13 and make my XS Max feel like a new phone, so I sitting out on the beta this year.
    06-29-2019 07:41 PM
    Running public beta 1 on my daily driver, XS Max. It's buggy, but no where near a disaster to use. The stock apps have issues, which are to be expected. Mail is a bit quirky syncing mail and Messages has some lag issues when selected Messages from the share sheet. Hey Siri doesn't work at all, it will acknowledge my "hey Siri", but won't do anything I ask it to. Siri voices won't download, nor does Hey Siri work with the new CarPlay interface. Third party apps have issues too. Fantastical gives me an occasional error, SmartNews is missing the control glyphs, Dunkin Donuts won't generate a QR code for payment. Annoyances, but not deal breakers. Apple will like push out public beta 2 sometime next week, so I can be patient.
    That’s quite a few issues there! But yes I do believe it will be lot better with the next beta. I’m going to jump ship then.
    06-30-2019 01:16 AM
    Normally I jump on the beta train with my primary, but this year since I’m not upgrading my XS Max, I want to be surprised with iOS 13 and make my XS Max feel like a new phone, so I sitting out on the beta this year.
    I understand but installing a beta should still feel like a fresh new start. At least that’s how I feel every year anyway lol.
    06-30-2019 01:17 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think that sounds prudent - I’ll probably wait for the next public beta, if I can succeed in restraining myself that long lol. Maybe another week or so?
    I have it running on an Iphone 7 Plus and had a few bugs with email and apps closing which i consider minor inconveniences but been pretty stable to be a beta 2 i think. Dev Beta 2 and Public Beta 1 are the same right now from looking at software version numbers.
    06-30-2019 01:41 AM
    Downloaded and its really full of bugs.
    My bank app stopped working.
    Batery life disaster...
    Yup. Sound like a beta. The beta life.
    06-30-2019 02:58 AM
    I also installed iOS 13 beta. And everything is working except App Store now waiting untill final release
    06-30-2019 03:51 AM
    I understand but installing a beta should still feel like a fresh new start. At least that’s how I feel every year anyway lol.
    I should have also added that I want it to feel like a new phone in September, when the new iPhones are released. It’s going to be hard not to jump on the beta train, but I work so much and don’t have time to even test the beta out, so that helps a ton not to update.
    06-30-2019 07:29 AM
    I should have also added that I want it to feel like a new phone in September, when the new iPhones are released. It’s going to be hard not to jump on the beta train, but I work so much and don’t have time to even test the beta out, so that helps a ton not to update.
    Yeah that’s understandable.
    06-30-2019 08:55 AM
    I've got this beta on my iPhone 6s Plus. It's my daily driver and I have no other iPhone or an iPad. It's been very stable and smooth. My Bank Independent app works great. I've found no issues in the apps I use the most. But I have about 240 apps. I see a few things I don't like, but the OS itself has been great.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-30-2019 10:39 AM
    I've got this beta on my iPhone 6s Plus. It's my daily driver and I have no other iPhone or an iPad. It's been very stable and smooth. My Bank Independent app works great. I've found no issues in the apps I use the most. But I have about 240 apps. I see a few things I don't like, but the OS itself has been great.
    That is really good to hear, given the age of your device. How’s the speed?
    06-30-2019 11:16 AM
    Since iOS 13 is faster according to Apple, speed should not be a factor on any device.
    06-30-2019 01:22 PM
    About the same as in iOS 12. Haven't thought about speed. Was having some loading issues, but rebooted my wifi modem, and it got better.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-30-2019 05:51 PM
    Since iOS 13 is faster according to Apple, speed should not be a factor on any device.
    Sure but my mind can’t help but wonder how new updates can make a 4 year old device actually run faster! Maybe it’ll be more like the device won’t slow down noticeably or run at similar speeds?
    06-30-2019 10:02 PM
    About the same as in iOS 12. Haven't thought about speed. Was having some loading issues, but rebooted my wifi modem, and it got better.
    This is really good to hear. Off topic question: if you replace the battery through Apple, is it the same battery as found in brand new Apple iPhones? I’m just thinking you must’ve replaced your battery in all these years and does that actually make performance sort of like brand new.
    06-30-2019 10:04 PM
    This is really good to hear. Off topic question: if you replace the battery through Apple, is it the same battery as found in brand new Apple iPhones? I’m just thinking you must’ve replaced your battery in all these years and does that actually make performance sort of like brand new.
    I had my iPhone 6S battery replaced by a 3rd party authorized repair shop (battery recall) and it was a brand new iPhone 6S battery.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 07-01-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    06-30-2019 10:13 PM
    AFAIK, the batteries Apple puts in new phones are the same as their replacements. I'm on my 2nd 6s Plus. Took my 3 year old to the Apple Store in November for a new battery. They broke the torch and camera. So they gave me a brand new 6s Plus. No refurb.
    iwicked likes this.
    06-30-2019 11:52 PM
    AFAIK, the batteries Apple puts in new phones are the same as their replacements. I'm on my 2nd 6s Plus. Took my 3 year old to the Apple Store in November for a new battery. They broke the torch and camera. So they gave me a brand new 6s Plus. No refurb.
    That’s fortuitous. I’m planning to stick with my XS for 3/4 years so I was curious about Apple’s battery replacement.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-01-2019 10:06 AM
    Installed the public beta on iPhone X this AM. I love dark mode & "swipe".

The apps I use most often and are working are -> Waze, iMessage, WhatsApp, Mail (can't print though), TeamSnap, Zmodo (remote cameras), CreditKarma, CapitalOne, Chase, Amex, Instagram, Twitter, DarkSky, Dropbox & Evernote.
    iwicked likes this.
    07-01-2019 11:13 AM
    You should look at it chronologically.
    When dev beta 2 was released, they weren’t sure if it would break more than it would fix, hence the warning.
    A week later, after intensive testing, both internally and by devs, they deemed beta 2 to be safe to pushed out to the public. That’s why the warning isn’t there anymore.

In the few first weeks you’ll notice a significant delay (sometimes even up to a week) between the dev and public betas being released. This is all to make sure that public betas are relatively safe to be pushed out to the public.
    You know what? This answers my question quite adequately. I’m sure these dev and public betas will have a week between releases from here on out.

I guess we’ll get beta 3 today for devs.
    07-01-2019 11:20 AM
110 12345