iOS 13 Public Beta 1 released

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
When I uninstalled the app it went to the desktop mode. Wonder if it will be that way come final release?

Could be they assume if the app is installed that you want to use it instead. Somewhat makes sense to me thinking about it like that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Could be they assume if the app is installed that you want to use it instead. Somewhat makes sense to me thinking about it like that.

Eh the app is a mess to edit things on with the ipad. I much prefer the desktop version but I get what you're saying.

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Installed onto my iPhone X last night and only problem I noticed today is it won’t let me update apps in the App Store. They just keep on spinning.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The sweetest update, IMO, is car play. Not only is the UI much better but now, you can use your phone without car play going back to the home screen. Amazing!

I like seeing the album artwork. In addition, maps look a bit cleaner.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Installed onto my iPhone X last night and only problem I noticed today is it won’t let me update apps in the App Store. They just keep on spinning.

Try rebooting the device or signing out of the App Store and then signing back in.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Man you guys are making it tough. I installed the beta profile, but debating still to wait for PB2 or not before updating. I'm running the iPad beta with no issues other than a few graphical issues and ran all of the public betas of 12 last year. Just debating whether to push that install button for the actual download/install of the beta itself.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Man you guys are making it tough. I installed the beta profile, but debating still to wait for PB2 or not before updating. I'm running the iPad beta with no issues other than a few graphical issues and ran all of the public betas of 12 last year. Just debating whether to push that install button for the actual download/install of the beta itself.

Do it!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

maxresdefault.jpg

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Fly Delta (Delta Airlines) app? Mine opens to the splash screen then crashes. Tried reinstalling, but no luck.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Did it! Actually super smooth so far. None of the little graphics glitches i noticed on my iPad (mostly with Spark email ). Getting used to the stock keyboard with swipe typing vs Gboard. We’ll see if I stick with it. Already miss having , and . on the main keyboard and being able to hold them for ! and ? but swiping seems more accurate and smooth.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the Fly Delta (Delta Airlines) app? Mine opens to the splash screen then crashes. Tried reinstalling, but no luck.

It works here, but it’s pretty flaky. On mine the splash screen stays up for about 15 seconds before the app actually starts...and it does freeze up on occasion.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

It works here, but it’s pretty flaky. On my X the splash screen stays up for about 15 seconds before the app actually starts...and it does freeze up on occasion.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It works here, but it’s pretty flaky. On mine the splash screen stays up for about 15 seconds before the app actually starts...and it does freeze up on occasion.

Couldn't get mine to run, and I have trips coming up. Tried to just use the website, and it completely locked up Safari! iOS 13 HATES Delta anything, apparently. Had to roll back to 12.4.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For those asking about Carplay. I tried it out today. Works well, like the new interface, seems to be less stretched out on my Subaru screen. Definitely like having multiple items on the screen at one (to use the space) and also it not being weird if someone else is using the iphone. Also like how messages now come in across the bottom rather than at the top like in old Car Play.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone for sure seeing the newly upgraded maps layouts in the app? I upgraded my phone last night to the public beta and realized my iPad and phone both DO have the new Maps app, but the maps themselves don't look any different at all vs what I was seeing on 12 with the exception of now getting the lookaround mode in some cities. The 2D and 3D maps otherwise all look the same even in San Francisco as an example. Is it possible the new app is in beta but they haven't release updated visuals for the maps yet?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Annnnnnndddd I just figured it out. Maps in my area of the US don't look any different because apparently the new maps for NorCal were rolled out with iOS12. Also just confirmed that the new maps are also not out for everywhere yet in the app after finding a Macworld article with the iOS13 WWDC info and managing to find what was apparently a spot in TX showing new vs old style maps and for that area I'm still seeing the old one without 3D buildings etc. So yeah that explains a lot lol.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the Mail app ? I was having problems on a iPhone 7 Plus just wondering if it’s having issues on Public Beta.