How many users are planning to make dark mode a full time endeavor?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dark Mode

Well, I stuck with Dark Mode for the day and it is still enabled. I may even give it another day before eventually switching back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Well, I stuck with Dark Mode for the day and it is still enabled. I may even give it another day before eventually switching back.

I’m also figuring I would get a couple days with Dark Mode before switching back

If I’m correct There’s also a schedule option that I might explore as I can’t have it enabled all the time

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I’m also figuring I would get a couple days with Dark Mode before switching back

If I’m correct There’s also a schedule option that I might explore as I can’t have it enabled all the time

I still haven’t installed the beta yet I’m trying to hold out a little, so I don’t become over it too quick lol

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

“Pop”...you’ve gotta be a Midwesterner!! When I would visit my family in Ohio (long before living there), my family would ask if I wanted pop & I had no idea what they were talking about I still chuckle when I hear people say it.

In Wisconsin we still say soda and look strange at anyone saying “pop”.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I am from the midwest but went to school in New England. I'm SO CONFLICTED about the whole pop/soda issue. I am never consistent and it drives me nuts! And don't even get me started about Subs/Heros/Grinders!!!!

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

In the south, we don't say pop or soda. It's either coke or cola. Usually more specific to brand or flavor. I always say Dr Pepper.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

In the south, we don't say pop or soda. It's either coke or cola. Usually more specific to brand or flavor. I always say Dr Pepper.

Agreed. And we may say subs now because of subway, but there are still plenty of people that say sammich still down here. Lol

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I set up my device with dark mode on and it’s been on ever since. I went back to the regular look but it seemed too bright. Before iOS 13, I was using dark mode in every app that has it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Dark mode will be so much better after all the display bugs get worked out. It’s not bad, but for instance if you get an email with an imbedded spreadsheet that has cell colors it’s hard to read in dark mode.

But overall it is awesome

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dark Mode

Dark Mode is still enabled in my iPhone X, surprisingly, but it’s only on until sunset at the moment.

CORRECTION: I have Dark Mode set to initiate at sunset.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Dark Mode

Went Dark from day one on the iMac with its last major update and I use it on any apps where available on my 8Plus & iPad mini4. I'm looking forward to going totally dsrk mode with iOS 13 (iPad OS 13?)
Brought up in Canada it was either the Coke, 7Up or 'Pop'. When I spent a few years in the Chicago area ( long story........) and first heard 'Soda' I always thought 'Club Soda' or that sticky very sweet clear stuff called Cream Soda.....Here in the Caribbean the term Soda is usually used for a hard drink mix ie 'Scotch & Soda'. Soft drinks usually are referred to by their brand name. Maybe we should start a thread on the subject :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I was watching the iMore show yesterday and they were talking about various hacks for the iPhone. Georgia Dow had one that was very interesting. There is a setting under accessibility where you can adjust the brightness of the white background so for people who don’t like dark mode but think the regular is too bright there are options. There will be instructions on the video that they posted from the iMore show yesterday. You might want to check it out