How many users are planning to make dark mode a full time endeavor?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dark Mode

Will Dark Mode disable Night Shift and what about Invert Colors????

Anyone running the Beta can you chime in

I don't know if it disables Night Shift, but it seems it would make Night Shift ineffective. They may keep Invert Colors, because reasons. No clue.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I don’t like Dark Mode, like, at all.

I enabled it for a brief second to make screenshots and send it to a dear friend of mine to make him jealous, but that’s about it. I won’t be using it.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Dark Mode

Will Dark Mode disable Night Shift and what about Invert Colors????

Anyone running the Beta can you chime in

5eb62350e1d7c3a4b1792ad2eb734d45.jpg

Night shift still there, smart invert and classic invert also still available.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'll try to spend all day tomorrow with my iPhone X in dark mode. I doubt I'll make it past lunch time, but we'll see....lol

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I'll try to spend all day tomorrow with my iPhone X in dark mode. I doubt I'll make it past lunch time, but we'll see....lol

If you choose to accept this Mission and fail all knowledge of your existence will be erased from the iMore community

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

It’s official

The keynote presentation looked really good but I’m not convinced that I will use it on a permanent bases. Tried it on a few apps that support it but always seem to go back.

How many users are planning to make it a full time endeavor??

If I have an app with dark mode, its set to dark, prefer it, looking forward to it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

It looks amazing and I will be using it going forward on a permanent basis.

The beta so far has been awesome.

I don’t understand people’s obsession with the home screen redesign. I mean yes being able to place the icons whoever we want would be nice but honestly how often are you staring at your home screen most of the time is spent in apps.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Going to use it on a permanent basis. I use dark mode on 3rd party apps that make it available and don't use their light themes at all anymore. It's just easier on my eyes.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site

I love dark mode! When I had my Lumia 950 and previous windows phones, I always had them in dark mode. So happy they're doing this.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site

I don’t understand people’s obsession with the home screen redesign. I mean yes being able to place the icons whoever we want would be nice but honestly how often are you staring at your home screen most of the time is spent in apps.

That's what I liked about Windows Phones. I could change the design to what I wanted. Truth be told though, I had it set one way and never bothered changing it after.
So, for obvious reasons, I had to select a new phone and that's how I ended up here. Even though the home screen has remained the same over the years, the improvements in other areas made me not care about it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Definitely looking forward to dark mode. I use it on my Windows machines, my software development app, and any mobile apps I can get it on. I just think it looks nicer, and at night it's easier on the eyes etc.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hilarious!!!! I am glad I hadn't just taken a sip of my pop before reading this!!!

“Pop”...you’ve gotta be a Midwesterner!! When I would visit my family in Ohio (long before living there), my family would ask if I wanted pop & I had no idea what they were talking about I still chuckle when I hear people say it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

“Pop”...you’ve gotta be a Midwesterner!! When I would visit my family in Ohio (long before living there), my family would ask if I wanted pop & I had no idea what they were talking about I still chuckle when I hear people say it.

Pop, soda pop, soda water, and fizz are what I recall people calling it over the years...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73