How many users are planning to make dark mode a full time endeavor?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It’s official

The keynote presentation looked really good but I’m not convinced that I will use it on a permanent bases. Tried it on a few apps that support it but always seem to go back.

How many users are planning to make it a full time endeavor??

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dark Mode

It’s official

The keynote presentation looked really good but I’m not convinced that I will use it on a permanent bases. Tried it on a few apps that support it but always seem to go back.

How many users are planning to make it a full time endeavor??

ME!!!! I’m a moon child & like all things dark lol

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I've always felt like dark mode options look really good on OLED screens, so I'll likely make the switch.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

I’m excited for it. Not a fan of bright white. Been using it on fb messenger since it was released and never going back lol

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Never understood the fascination with this..have zero use for it..would have preferred a screen overhaul like the iPad with widgets, new icons, etc. The native mail app is also way overdue for an update. Very disappointed in this year's iOS update announcement.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Never understood the fascination with this..have zero use for it..would have preferred a screen overhaul like the iPad with widgets, new icons, etc. The native mail app is also way overdue for an update. Very disappointed in this year's iOS update announcement.

I’m not necessarily disappointed with iOS 13, but like you, I would have preferred a screen overhaul. Dark mode has never been something I looked forward to, but it does look good with numerous apps.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

It’s only 10 years too late

I don’t really care about the competition. I may use dark mode since it is now official, but that doesn’t mean that I have been sitting on the edge of my seat in disappointment with Apple for 10 years.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I am excited about this and will definitely give it a shot! I prefer darker screens to bright white screens!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

The only real benefit I can see is a Power savings on an Oled device. Other than that it’s really a cosmetic feature and maybe a vision reliever

In the keynote they showed the design team before and after Dark Mode with some light humor that they looked Cooler some how because of Dark Mode

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I will use it all the time. Used black mode on Windows Phone from the start, and that was one of the things I missed most when I switched to iOS. My home screen has always just had a plain black background.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Like now I currently use it with some apps but not all. I'm not sure I'll go 100% dark mode so we'll see after release.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I will go with dark mode for sure. I like it dark and use dark mode in every supporting apps already

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Will Dark Mode disable Night Shift and what about Invert Colors????

Anyone running the Beta can you chime in

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods