I'll try to spend all day tomorrow with my iPhone X in dark mode. I doubt I'll make it past lunch time, but we'll see....lol
    kataran, pr1nce, Tartarus and 1 others like this.
    06-04-2019 10:03 PM
    I'll try to spend all day tomorrow with my iPhone X in dark mode. I doubt I'll make it past lunch time, but we'll see....lol
    If you choose to accept this Mission and fail all knowledge of your existence will be erased from the iMore community
    06-04-2019 10:42 PM
    If you choose to accept this Mission and fail all knowledge of your existence will be erased from the iMore community
    iwoodland and cornettbr like this.
    06-04-2019 10:47 PM
    It’s official

The keynote presentation looked really good but I’m not convinced that I will use it on a permanent bases. Tried it on a few apps that support it but always seem to go back.

How many users are planning to make it a full time endeavor??
    If I have an app with dark mode, its set to dark, prefer it, looking forward to it.
    pr1nce, kataran, idrisinan and 1 others like this.
    06-04-2019 11:50 PM
    If I have an app with dark mode, its set to dark, prefer it, looking forward to it.
    Same. Also, SwiftUI, dark mode compatibility built-in.
    pr1nce and taz323 like this.
    06-05-2019 12:35 AM
    It looks amazing and I will be using it going forward on a permanent basis.

The beta so far has been awesome.

I don’t understand people’s obsession with the home screen redesign. I mean yes being able to place the icons whoever we want would be nice but honestly how often are you staring at your home screen most of the time is spent in apps.
    06-05-2019 12:54 AM
    Going to use it on a permanent basis. I use dark mode on 3rd party apps that make it available and don't use their light themes at all anymore. It's just easier on my eyes.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-05-2019 02:26 AM
    I love dark mode! When I had my Lumia 950 and previous windows phones, I always had them in dark mode. So happy they're doing this.
    06-05-2019 06:36 AM

I don’t understand people’s obsession with the home screen redesign. I mean yes being able to place the icons whoever we want would be nice but honestly how often are you staring at your home screen most of the time is spent in apps.
    That's what I liked about Windows Phones. I could change the design to what I wanted. Truth be told though, I had it set one way and never bothered changing it after.
    So, for obvious reasons, I had to select a new phone and that's how I ended up here. Even though the home screen has remained the same over the years, the improvements in other areas made me not care about it.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    06-05-2019 06:40 AM
    Finally someone else who doesn’t like Dark Mode

He’ll prevail.
    06-05-2019 07:08 AM
    All dark, all the time. Loving it.
    Annie_8plus and nikkisharif like this.
    06-05-2019 09:28 AM
    Hilarious!!!! I am glad I hadn't just taken a sip of my pop before reading this!!!
    kataran, nikkisharif and Aztek13 like this.
    06-05-2019 09:30 AM
    Definitely looking forward to dark mode. I use it on my Windows machines, my software development app, and any mobile apps I can get it on. I just think it looks nicer, and at night it's easier on the eyes etc.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    06-05-2019 01:53 PM
    Hilarious!!!! I am glad I hadn't just taken a sip of my pop before reading this!!!
    “Pop”...you’ve gotta be a Midwesterner!! When I would visit my family in Ohio (long before living there), my family would ask if I wanted pop & I had no idea what they were talking about I still chuckle when I hear people say it.
    06-05-2019 07:35 PM
    “Pop”...you’ve gotta be a Midwesterner!! When I would visit my family in Ohio (long before living there), my family would ask if I wanted pop & I had no idea what they were talking about I still chuckle when I hear people say it.
    Pop, soda pop, soda water, and fizz are what I recall people calling it over the years...
    06-05-2019 07:52 PM
    Well, I stuck with Dark Mode for the day and it is still enabled. I may even give it another day before eventually switching back.
    nikkisharif, pr1nce and Tartarus like this.
    06-05-2019 07:54 PM
    Pop, soda pop, soda water, and fizz are what I recall people calling it over the years...
    It’s funny how there are so many different names for the same thing. Most Angelenos say soda or coke LOL
    Just_Me_D and scruffypig like this.
    06-05-2019 08:05 PM
    Well, I stuck with Dark Mode for the day and it is still enabled. I may even give it another day before eventually switching back.
    I’m also figuring I would get a couple days with Dark Mode before switching back

If I’m correct There’s also a schedule option that I might explore as I can’t have it enabled all the time
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-05-2019 08:11 PM
    It’s funny how there are so many different names for the same thing. Most Angelenos say soda or coke LOL
    Here in New England we are a Soda or coke regardless the brand
    nikkisharif, Arkidelik and taz323 like this.
    06-05-2019 08:12 PM
    I’m also figuring I would get a couple days with Dark Mode before switching back

If I’m correct There’s also a schedule option that I might explore as I can’t have it enabled all the time
    I still haven’t installed the beta yet I’m trying to hold out a little, so I don’t become over it too quick lol
    kataran and pr1nce like this.
    06-05-2019 08:23 PM
    In Wisconsin we still say soda and look strange at anyone saying “pop”.
    nikkisharif and MasterDarque like this.
    06-06-2019 09:25 AM
    Here in New England we are a Soda or coke regardless the brand
    Pretty much.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-06-2019 10:06 AM
    I am from the midwest but went to school in New England. I'm SO CONFLICTED about the whole pop/soda issue. I am never consistent and it drives me nuts! And don't even get me started about Subs/Heros/Grinders!!!!
    Last edited by Annie_8plus; 06-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    ksassy and nikkisharif like this.
    06-06-2019 11:08 AM
    In the south, we don't say pop or soda. It's either coke or cola. Usually more specific to brand or flavor. I always say Dr Pepper.
    06-06-2019 11:19 AM
    Here I just refer to it as a cancer can.
    06-07-2019 09:34 AM
106 1234 ...