iOS 13 Developer Beta 1

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m unable to play music via Bluetooth or USB connection to my car audio (BMW) or my old sound dock with a BT receiver. The IPhone connects, but no audio is transmitted. No problem with my Airpods though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m unable to play music via Bluetooth or USB connection to my car audio (BMW) or my old sound dock with a BT receiver. The IPhone connects, but no audio is transmitted. No problem with my Airpods though.

Have you tried rebooting the device or pairing it again with both your car and Bluetooth receiver? If I disable wireless CarPlay in my car (BMW) then I can still listen to audio via Bluetooth with the car’s iDrive system.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the device or pairing it again with both your car and Bluetooth receiver? If I disable wireless CarPlay in my car (BMW) then I can still listen to audio via Bluetooth with the car’s iDrive system.

Yes. BT connection is established, but music doesn’t play. If I switch output to iPhone, it is audible. The same thing happens when I connect to car audio by USB/lightening cable. I’ll spend more time troubleshooting over the weekend to see if I can sort it out.

davecatherall

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site

Same, but I got it to work by unpairing and repairing, but still have a few issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
•Volume shoots down to zero sometimes,
•tracks skip on their own,
•skipping track with steering wheel controls sometimes stops playback.

Thank you. I did experience the volume decrease when I initially installed iOS 13, but it’s been fine since then. As for the other two, I’ve yet to experience them, and I use the steering wheel often to skip to the next track. Dev Beta 2 should drop in a few days so hopefully it will fix the issues you’re currently having. Thank you for replying, sir.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Same, but I got it to work by unpairing and repairing, but still have a few issues.

I haven’t tried again, but I think I see the issue. Go into settings for CarPlay and see if there is a car set up. CarPlay set up an entry for “My Car,” apparently automatically. My car doesn’t support CarPlay. I deleted it and turned off CarPlay. I’ll try it shortly.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t tried again, but I think I see the issue. Go into settings for CarPlay and see if there is a car set up. CarPlay set up an entry for “My Car,” apparently automatically. My car doesn’t support CarPlay. I deleted it and turned off CarPlay. I’ll try it shortly.

Thus resolved the problem.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
EXACTLY this. Regardless of what it takes...LOL. I just wonder how many people in this thread alone are actual Developers vs non-Developers...LOL

I actually do EHR software/app development for work but my use of betas is no longer work related. I keep my dev account because I like new stuff Haven’t downloaded this beta yet but I have Catalina & it’s solid on my 2012 MBA.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods