iOS 13 Developer Beta 1

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well two days running and I must this beta is pretty stable for a first beta. Wells Fargo app crashed on me once and so did Tapatalk, but I was running Waze and Apple Maps in the background. I suppose none of those apps aren’t updated for iOS 13 yet either.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well two days running and I must this beta is pretty stable for a first beta. Wells Fargo app crashed on me once and so did Tapatalk, but I was running Waze and Apple Maps in the background. I suppose none of those apps aren’t updated for iOS 13 yet either.

Give it time.
If iOS 12.0 betas were any indication, betas 2 and 3 will break more than fix. Most everything after beta 4 will be better.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Wells Fargo is going to continue that way, I think. It crashes a lot for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been running betas on my daily driver seems like forever, but then again I always set up as new and don’t use many third party app’s. I’ve always had a good experience except for the known bugs and occasional app crash, but I can live with that.

Same here, and although setting up as new is NOT a requirement, I will continue to do so....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Btw, CarPlay refreshes are outstanding. I work in the auto sales business and love convincing my reps to convince their clients that manufacturer nav is a thing of the past!

Although I am quite pleased with the turn-by-turn navigation of Apple Maps via CarPlay, I am even more pleased with the BMW’s turn-by-turn navigation and live traffic and OTA map updates, I will typically choose it over CarPlay, unless I’m actually using CarPlay at the time I need directions.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's my can’t live without App's on my iPad Pro and iPhone !
And they all work on ios13 Beta 1 !

- [ ] Splashtop
- [ ] Pixelmator
- [ ] iMovie
- [ ] SlingPlayer
- [ ] Pocket Casts
- [ ] GoodReader
- [ ] HomeSafe View
- [ ] 1Password
- [ ] Youtube
- [ ] iTuneIn Radio
- [ ] Pulseway
- [ ] Apple Music

Pixelmator crash or won’t start on first try but after a couple of try it’s useable !

There are some weird effects sometimes here and there and slowdown but I consider beta 1 a good usable version of iOS 13 !

So is also watchOS 6 on my Serie-4 GPS !

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another good day for me. Battery life wasn’t an issue today. Dark mode on got me 7 hours and 36 minutes of screen on time and 4 hours and 6 minutes of screen off time.

One gripe is that I can’t get swipe (QuickPath) to recognize profanity, even after adding it to text replacement. All of my other text replacements work though.

No random crashing. Updated my watch today and it wouldn’t sync. Fixed by restarting the watch.

egrier65

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my Notes app. Whenever I type something, I get no text to show up. Dark mode or light mode is the same. I can even select the text but it's blank and existing notes don't show either. Also, my custom ringtone will not work. It will just default back to Apple's built in one and I don't have any of the new IOS13 wallpapers. The ringtones and my notes app worked fine on 12.4 beta. I'm using an iphone 7 plus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my Notes app. Whenever I type something, I get no text to show up. Dark mode or light mode is the same. I can even select the text but it's blank and existing notes don't show either. Also, my custom ringtone will not work. It will just default back to Apple's built in one and I don't have any of the new IOS13 wallpapers. The ringtones and my notes app worked fine on 12.4 beta. I'm using an iphone 7 plus.

Try a reboot.

IMG_0017.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone’s WiFi and Bluetooth not popping up on 3D Touch in control center anymore?

If you tried to press Wi-Fi or Bluetooth individually from the initial Control Center screen, it will not work. Press in the center of that section to bring up a different screen where individual presses are allowed. I hope that made sense.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you tried to press Wi-Fi or Bluetooth individually from the initial Control Center screen, it will not work. Press in the center of that section to bring up a different screen where individual presses are allowed. I hope that made sense.

I’ve been pressing in the center since iOS 12 and all of a sudden I forgot that that’s what I’m supposed to do before I try it on the icons. Absolute brain fart.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been pressing in the center since iOS 12 and all of a sudden I forgot that that’s what I’m supposed to do before I try it on the icons. Absolute brain fart.

Believe me, we all have them. Earlier today at work, I was about to send a post call recap email to the wrong client. Thankfully, I realized it before I hit the send button. The weekend can't get here fast enough...:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro