I have question about backup iCloud.
    If I take an Icloud backup of my iPad identifie as "iPad11i12" before the iOS 13 update.
    After the update if I rename my iPad "iPad1qi13" will it start a new backup or crush the backup before the update ?
    06-04-2019 04:25 PM
    I have question about backup iCloud.
    If I take an Icloud backup of my iPad identifie as "iPad11i12" before the iOS 13 update.
    After the update if I rename my iPad "iPad1qi13" will it start a new backup or crush the backup before the update ?
    You can rename it however you want after making a backup. The backup will simply override that change with how it was at the time of creating the backup.
    Donkichot likes this.
    06-04-2019 04:29 PM
    Now my iPad Pro 11 is updated to iPadOS 13 !
    Trying the slide over thing with an app it’s seem that we can’t hide it to the right side anymore... or there a new way I don’t know to hide it to the right side... ?

Ok I just found out that you got to drag the app bye the very edge of the left corner of the app !

Good cause without that it was not very functional...
    Last edited by Donkichot; 06-04-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    06-04-2019 06:50 PM
    Not sure if we’re combining the discussion here for iPadOS 13, but Sidecar functionality is awesome!

Moreover, I have to say that iPadOS 13 is running smoother on my iPad Pro 12.9 than it is on my iPhone. No fatal bugs, just some small glitches that I tend to see on my iPhoneX, where as my iPad is running incredibly smoothly all around!

nikkisharif and Arkidelik like this.
    06-04-2019 07:34 PM
    Hi—

Could you or someone do me a favor and use the Safari or Chrome browser to log on to this site:

https://athenanet.athenahealth.com

It’s an electronic health record site that generally won’t open with primary beta versions of iOS. When iOS 12 was in beta before being released, the site would give a message that beta iOS wasn’t supported. With 12.1+ betas it was OK.

I just need to know if it will go to the login screen in iOS or instead just crash. If it opens to the login screen, then enter a short fake username and some made up password. If it tells you the username and/or password is incorrect, then it’s working.

I can’t install the beta if it won’t let me login.

Thank very much!
    Are you on the EHR field? I work with Epic, but have several friends that are Athena Analysts.

Just upgraded my iPad 11", so far no issues. I can confirm that F5 Access VPN client works just fine (we use web auth around it), and also tested Microsoft Remote Desktop that also works fine. Love the new volume bar, no longer in the middle of the content you are trying to watch, performance appears very good, no real show stoppers yet.

Here are my apps that I've confirmed at least launch and can perform main functions:

F5 Access VPN, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Spark mail, Telegram, Things 3, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, Plex, Pocket Cast, Prime Video, Mindnode, Microsoft inTune (MDM), 1password, Kayo, Westpac, Facebook Messenger, Netflix, Cisco Jabber (make video).

Issues I've found
    Feedly has a scrolling issue, just choose smooth scrolling not paged and all is fixed.
    This is exactly what I need!! I use F5 & Microsoft Remote Desktop all the time & I was worried about them not working. So glad they’re working well.
    06-04-2019 07:48 PM
    I'm an end user on Athena, but have talked many times with their tech support.

With the iOS 12 initial developer betas on both iPhone and iPad, I could not logon to AthenaNet. Athena says that they do not support the coding of a new major iOS update. I'm not sure why that is--maybe they consider it to be a security or HIPAA issue. If you wanted to talk with one of the Atena people, that would be great.

As it is, if I upgrade to the iOS beta 13 on my phone, the only way I can logon to Athena is via Google Remote to my MacBook Pro, which works, but is cumbersome.
    Last edited by KenV54; 06-04-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-04-2019 08:54 PM
    We will see how it goes
    06-04-2019 09:12 PM
    Just tried facetime for the first time today. Video is smooth for a bit then switches to poor connection which leads to a frozen image of the person. After a while the video feed returns to normal.
    06-04-2019 09:27 PM
    I'm an end user on Athena, but have talked many times with their tech support.

With the iOS 12 initial developer betas on both iPhone and iPad, I could not logon to AthenaNet. Athena says that they do not support the coding of a new major iOS update. I'm not sure why that is--maybe they consider it to be a security or HIPAA issue. If you wanted to talk with one of the Atena people, that would be great.

As it is, if I upgrade to the iOS beta 13 on my phone, the only way I can logon to Athena is via Google Remote to my MacBook Pro, which works, but is cumbersome.
    That’s annoying but I could understand how this could become a potential HIPAA issue. The only way we’re able to use the beta with our software is if we use the company supplied test devices. Years ago I was able to use my personal device, but not anymore.
    06-04-2019 09:36 PM
    short video previewing Sidecar!

nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2019 12:14 AM
    The beta has been so amazing so far. On my iPhone it’s been pretty flawless but on my iPad there’s a major bug where the keyboard sits in the center of the screen and I can’t see what I’m typing.

Ok in this screenshot I can see but during quick replies for messages it’s really bad.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2019 01:02 AM
    iOS 13 Developer Beta 1-fe03484a-a220-4fa8-a2bc-730e146aca2d.jpegOh, this is nice
    Annie_8plus and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-05-2019 03:32 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE03484A-A220-4FA8-A2BC-730E146ACA2D.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	126269Oh, this is nice
    A small but welcome change.

The positive feedback is making me want to install the beta on my iPhone (my daily driver). I have the ipsw and I have my phone backed up but haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger yet.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-05-2019 09:09 AM

The positive feedback is making me want to install the beta on my iPhone (my daily driver). I have the ipsw and I have my phone backed up but haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger yet.
    I’ve been running betas on my daily driver seems like forever, but then again I always set up as new and don’t use many third party app’s. I’ve always had a good experience except for the known bugs and occasional app crash, but I can live with that.
    Tartarus, luvesuga and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-05-2019 09:19 AM
    I’ve been running betas on my daily driver seems like forever, but then again I always set up as new and don’t use many third party app’s. I’ve always had a good experience except for the known bugs and occasional app crash, but I can live with that.
    I typically run betas with the exception of super early betas like 13.0. We’ll see if I cave tonight!

I have 240 apps on my iPhone so my reliance on third party apps is slightly greater than yours.
    Annie_8plus and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-05-2019 09:22 AM
    Pretty solid build after a couple of days of use. Getting normal app crashes with some apps -- TheScore being the most frequent. GPS is glitchy and there are some fonts throughout the OS that are overlapping. I too get the App Store issue but pushing retry a few times fixes it. Noticed a few iMessage hiccups in regards to the screen jumping around and messages not showing up on my phone. Other than that, pretty stable and exciting. Love the new share features and of course the Darth Vader theme.
    06-05-2019 09:32 AM
    Not sure if we’re combining the discussion here for iPadOS 13, but Sidecar functionality is awesome!

Moreover, I have to say that iPadOS 13 is running smoother on my iPad Pro 12.9 than it is on my iPhone. No fatal bugs, just some small glitches that I tend to see on my iPhoneX, where as my iPad is running incredibly smoothly all around!
    Loving it. I also find that if I move the mixer window in Logic Pro X from my MBP to my iPad mini (5th gen), I can adjust the faders using my Apple Pencil. A very pleasant surprise.
    06-05-2019 09:32 AM
    Btw, CarPlay refreshes are outstanding. I work in the auto sales business and love convincing my reps to convince their clients that manufacturer nav is a thing of the past!
    06-05-2019 09:35 AM
    Btw, CarPlay refreshes are outstanding. I work in the auto sales business and love convincing my reps to convince their clients that manufacturer nav is a thing of the past!
    I have built-in nav on my truck and my wife’s Jeep. We never use it. Actually, I haven’t used built-in nav in a few years.
    06-05-2019 09:39 AM

You should. You can do it. I have all faith in you. Go Rob, go Rob.
    06-05-2019 09:46 AM
    I have built-in nav on my truck and my wife’s Jeep. We never use it. Actually, I haven’t used built-in nav in a few years.

CarPlay and Android Auto have eliminated the need for it. But I still get clients all the time who "have to have it" despite plugging their iPhones in and never using it lol
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-05-2019 10:07 AM

If you do, when you find a good stable beta just stay there !
    Because there good stable beta and bad one...

Also before you do update, give us 5 app's you can’t live whitout and maybe some of us can tell you if it’s ok on the beta 1.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-05-2019 11:35 AM
    If you do, when you find a good stable beta just stay there !
    Because there good stable beta and bad one...

Also before you do update, give us 5 app's you can’t live whitout and maybe some of us can tell you if it’s ok on the beta 1.
    Deal. Here’s my must-haves:

Twitter
    Spotify
    Edison Mail
    Chase
    Hue
    Overcast
    06-05-2019 11:38 AM
    Deal. Here’s my must-haves:

Twitter
    Spotify
    Edison Mail
    Chase
    Hue
    Overcast
    What is your iPhone ?

I got the iPhone 8 and Twitter and Hue are working well for me !

I got Spotify free and it work fine also !

3 out of 6 is a good start !!!

50% approved !

Oh I forgot but I have Overcast on my iPhone but don’t use it and I test it and it work well too !

So 4 out of 6 !!!
    06-05-2019 11:50 AM
    What is your iPhone ?

I got the iPhone 8 and Twitter and Hue are working well for me !

I got Spotify free and it work fine also !

3 out of 6 is a good start !!!

50% approved !
    Thanks for the heads up on the three! I have an iPhone XS Max.
    06-05-2019 11:56 AM
232 ... 23456 ...