Who’s taking the iOS 13 plunge?

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I will put the Public Beta 1 on my SE,see how it goes. I might wait til the Public Beta 2 before putting it on my Xr

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Your either in or your out. It’s a beta 1 and should expect a lot of issues. 3 more months until this is fully baked. Sounds like betas aren’t for you. And betas 2 and 3 tend to break more than it fixes in these summer betas. Usually don’t start stabilizing until betas 4 or so.

I've done beta testing for years on various platforms so lets not jump to conclusions and assume betas aren't for me . I was just having a bad day at work and it came home with me which came out in my post. Life happens. Once I got my head screwed back on correctly the next day I reinstalled beta 1 and did a clean install instead of restoring from a backup (even though I have never had issues with this in the past). Seems to be better on the second install. Still buggy at times (to be expected) but overall not bad. Better than when iOS 12 was released.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've done beta testing for years on various platforms so lets not jump to conclusions and assume betas aren't for me . I was just having a bad day at work and it came home with me which came out in my post. Life happens. Once I got my head screwed back on correctly the next day I reinstalled beta 1 and did a clean install instead of restoring from a backup (even though I have never had issues with this in the past). Seems to be better on the second install. Still buggy at times (to be expected) but overall not bad. Better than when iOS 12 was released.

We all have days like that. Thankfully, the new dev beta is working quite well for you this time around. Like you, I did a clean install (my preferred method), although it is not necessary. Doing so has worked well for me over the years so I’ll keep doing it that way.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What are your thoughts about it thus far?
I like the widgets. I like how things like signing into WiFi seem to pop a dialogue box over the top of what you're doing as opposed to feeling like you're going to another screen. To me, it feels faster. Gestures feel smoother. Wish I had a bigger iPad with no home button but I'm not giving them that much money. Lol

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Couple of observations w 13 beta 1, on iPhone XS Max, installed via recovery→12.3→13→restore 12.4 backup.

Doesn’t seem to switch between WiFi networks reliably, e.g., in my house I have a couple of Apple routers extended through the house wiring, and when going from one part of house to the other, I usually have to switch the WiFi manually, something I didn’t have to do on 12.4 beta.

The email functions and interface are much improved with respect to replying/forwarding, etc., and composing with the improved swipe keyboard and new options to attach photos and files.

Battery life is definitely worse than in 12.4. I have the Apple smart battery case (which is great, because it just works), so I can easily get through the day, but I expect the battery life will improve with subsequent betas.

I found one (free w option to pay for premium without ads) browser, called Private Browsing Web Browser, or just Browser once it’s installed, that works with the EHR site to which I referred earlier in this thread. This browser must hide in some way the iOS version, because this particular site won’t load with new iOS betas until the new iOS becomes official, and only then are the betas of the same iOS version are accepted.

So far, all my apps are working, with one very unfortunate exception, which is Pocket (stores urls for later retrieval). Pocket simply crashes when I try to load it. I’ve even tried their beta version, but no luck. It’s been reported to Apple and to the developer, and I hope the app gets fixed soon.

6a5fd9bcc9d465cab9cfb3752e1a5886.jpg

23af880ab1bfaa2cbc9e5c570137b1ae.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner