Who’s taking the iOS 13 plunge?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I don't remember any really nasty stuff with the public betas last year. I know there were one or two minor (to me) annoyances in the early ones then it was pretty smooth. However thinking about it more I think you're right. With the split in OS's I might just do the iPadOS public beta instead since that will have a lot more changes.

Yea, I think I may have been in a minority last year. I had minor over heating, battery drain, screen unresponsiveness and random resets. All of these items were infrequent but happened enough to where I'm not comfortable going beta again on my daily driver, which is something I typically don't recommend anyone do, obviously. Since we're talking beta's and all. But my iPad isn't as business critical as my phone is so I'm more comfortable rocking the beta on that.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Are the public betas usually buggy? I haven’t done any for the last 4 years. Do you recommend them

Biggest thing to remember is we are talking beta software. It can be amazing for one person and crappy for the next. I never recommend anyone run beta software on a daily driver but the ultimate choice is up to the user. Just know that anything can happen and be prepared for that possibility. Overall, I think the majority of folks here enjoy a fairly smooth beta experience. But you just have to be aware that your experience could go south and worst case, a corrupt software experience leading to the loss of data. Additionally, the reps at the Apple store typically advise against it and can't offer much support if things go wrong. I've had a few say, "We don't recommend running betas". So it's definitely not for the average joe.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Downloading now. I should be up and running in a few minutes if all goes well.

Well that took longer than planned. My computer decided to act up during the download but all is good now. I now have ios 13 on a 7 Plus to see what is good bad and ugly :)
055d9ede3e7712b049ec5f09971cd13a.jpg

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed Beta 1 on launch day. I have mixed emotions about it so far. I may downgrade back to 12.4 v3. I have it downloaded and ready to install. For me personally I've been having far too many restarts and my screen has frozen a few times. Being on my daily driver I think I'll give it one more day to test. I will probably wait for beta 2 to release and give it a try again.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I installed Beta 1 on launch day. I have mixed emotions about it so far. I may downgrade back to 12.4 v3. I have it downloaded and ready to install. For me personally I've been having far too many restarts and my screen has frozen a few times. Being on my daily driver I think I'll give it one more day to test. I will probably wait for beta 2 to release and give it a try again.

I may roll back too. One of the bugs i found today was deleting email from a gmail account. They wont empty out in the Trash folder after swiping to delete. They reappear after a few seconds and wont delete. I have to go through the website to delete them permanently.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Go to apps Tap the today tab then on the top right corner tap on profile and swipe down to refresh.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm very hesitant on installing iOS 13 Beta 1 on my daily driver ever since the iOS 11 Beta 1 fiasco, so I will wait until Beta 3/4 is released with a little stability.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Biggest thing to remember is we are talking beta software. It can be amazing for one person and crappy for the next. I never recommend anyone run beta software on a daily driver but the ultimate choice is up to the user. Just know that anything can happen and be prepared for that possibility. Overall, I think the majority of folks here enjoy a fairly smooth beta experience. But you just have to be aware that your experience could go south and worst case, a corrupt software experience leading to the loss of data. Additionally, the reps at the Apple store typically advise against it and can't offer much support if things go wrong. I've had a few say, "We don't recommend running betas". So it's definitely not for the average joe.

Exactly this, and very well stated. This is exactly why I sit far back on the sidelines and observe!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else having an issue with logging in using Google trough apps (see below)? When I get to the actual login screen my keyboard stops working, regardless of what app I’m using.
3b550b605792c9be0913044714d347ba.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else having an issue with logging in using Google trough apps (see below)? When I get to the actual login screen my keyboard stops working, regardless of what app I’m using.
3b550b605792c9be0913044714d347ba.jpg

I stopped using login with google for a while now. You should do the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro