Setting up iPad as new

Aixa 1

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I’m setting up my iPad as new but I can’t get my passwords back. I have 345 of them on my iPhone and I thought they would transfer back here, too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the passwords are associated with your iCloud account & Safari then they will restore to the device after iCloud is configured on it.

If the passwords are associated with a 3rd-party password app, you may have to go through the app's settings to find a way to get them back on the device.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
On your iPhone and iPad, make sure that you are using the same iCloud account and that Settings / [your name] (the top option) / iCloud / Keychain has the option iCloud Keychain turned on. If you set the iPad up as new, it should already be on.

Aixa 1

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
Thank you to both of you. Keychain was turned off on both my iPhone and my iPad. I had to turn it on on my iPhone first for it to work. I saw there was a notification in my iPhone settings to do something. Maybe because I used my iPhone to set up the iPad

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am so glad that you were able to figure it out! And I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to iMore! It’s great to have you here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro