Turning off obnoxious dictation beep

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been meaning to ask this question for a while now. Is there a way to turn off the obnoxious beeping sound that is made when you press the microphone to use voice dictation on the keyboard? I would think that if I have my phone on silent that would do it, but nope. I can't find any settings that seem to work. Seems like something that should be in settings somewhere. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That's a good question! I've wondered the same thing from time to time. Hopefully, someone will come along that has a solution!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I got curious and have done some sleuthing. I saw this solution on a couple of sites. I gave it a try and it actually worked for me.

First, tap the microphone as though you were going to start voice dictation. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING! Instead, lower the volume by using the volume button on the side of your phone, until the volume is all the way down. (This will only lower the volume for the dictation tone only.)
Once the volume is all the way down, tap the microphone button again and you shouldn't hear the tone anymore.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got curious and have done some sleuthing. I saw this solution on a couple of sites. I gave it a try and it actually worked for me.

First, tap the microphone as though you were going to start voice dictation. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING! Instead, lower the volume by using the volume button on the side of your phone, until the volume is all the way down. (This will only lower the volume for the dictation tone only.)
Once the volume is all the way down, tap the microphone button again and you shouldn't hear the tone anymore.

You are the best!!! Thank you. I didn't even think about trying something like that.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
FYI, my volume was all the way up for that sound. Hence the "obnoxious" description in my question. It was so loud. It's so nice to know that I won't be hearing that anymore. It's the little things sometimes that make me so happy. lol.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Omg genius. Thank you so much!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711