Upgrade to iPhone 8📱:Pay only $8 a month
    I had to connect to a major hospital's public Wi-Fi to send updates on my brother's surgery today (absolutely no cell signal). All I accessed was email and text messages. Is there a chance that my iPhone Xs Max would get infected with malware/virus?

Thanks!
    05-24-2019 04:20 PM
    I had to connect to a major hospital's public Wi-Fi to send updates on my brother's surgery today (absolutely no cell signal). All I accessed was email and text messages. Is there a chance that my iPhone Xs Max would get infected with malware/virus?

Thanks!
    Anything’s possible, but probably unlikely under the circumstances you mentioned. Still, I will always recommend using a reputable VPN service when connecting to an unsecured Wi-Fi network.
    imwjl likes this.
    05-24-2019 04:23 PM
    Anything’s possible, but probably unlikely under the circumstances you mentioned. Still, I will always recommend using a reputable VPN service when connecting to an unsecured Wi-Fi network.
    Have any suggestions on a VPN service?
    05-24-2019 04:24 PM
    Have any suggestions on a VPN service?
    Currently, I use NordVPN and I like it a lot, but I’ve also used OpenVPN as well as VPN Unlimited and found them to be just as reliable and therefore, I would recommend any of those three.
    05-24-2019 08:47 PM
    I currently use OpenVPN to connect back to my Ubiquity router at home. Works great, keeps me secure, let's me access my file server and doesn't cost a dime to use.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-25-2019 08:36 AM
    Private Tunnel based on OpenVPN is a good option for someone who's not too technical and wants the advantages or reasons some like OpenVPN.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-25-2019 12:00 PM
    Private Tunnel based on OpenVPN is a good option for someone who's not too technical and wants the advantages or reasons some like OpenVPN.
    Agreed. I’ve also used Private Tunnel in the past and found it to be good also.
    05-25-2019 12:17 PM
    Thanks all. I'm running Norton 360 on my iMac and MacBook Pros and found out that it includes Secure VPN and now have downloaded to my iPhones.

Anyone have any experience with Secure VPN? Seems easy and straight forward.
    Last edited by Frehley; 05-26-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-26-2019 07:48 AM