Block Callers

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a iPhone 8 running iOS 12 on Verizon. I seem to get a lot of unwanted calls mostly scam or telemarketing calls. Yes, I am aware of Apps specifically made for this but usually its on a trial basis. Verizon only blocks 6 numbers for a short period of time.

Does the iOS "block this caller" feature actually work? Does it block the call?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The iOS block features works great. It does block the call and if the caller leaves a voicemail, it files it as deleted so you don't see the notification. You can review the deleted voicemail(s) if you choose to do so.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
From the FTC Website:

"If you are an AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint or Bell subscriber, you can report spam texts to your carrier by copying the original message and forwarding it to the number 7726 (SPAM), free of charge."

In regards to reporting Spam Robocalls to Verizon, I got this information from Verizon's Website:

"What should you do if you get an illegal robocall?

Hang up the phone. Do NOT interact with the caller. Do NOT call back in order to be taken off the list – calling back can cause you to get more calls because the scammers know you are a real person.
Report the call to the FTC at DoNotCall.gov
Information to include: time and date of call, the number that appeared on your Caller ID screen, your telephone number, and a description of the message.
You normally won't see immediate action, but the FTC's complaint database is important – it helps government agencies and companies go after illegal robocallers and come up with new ways to attack the problem.
"

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just wonder if there a limit to blocking numbers in iOS. I get so many and block them all. I probably have several hundred blocked at this point. Is there a way to see a list of blocked numbers? Android did a better job of this if I remember correctly (its been a couple years). They changed the text color of put a symbol there or something so you didn't have to click on the information to see if it was blocked.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just wonder if there a limit to blocking numbers in iOS. I get so many and block them all. I probably have several hundred blocked at this point. Is there a way to see a list of blocked numbers? Android did a better job of this if I remember correctly (its been a couple years). They changed the text color of put a symbol there or something so you didn't have to click on the information to see if it was blocked.

No not really but if you go to your phone app then over to voicemail then scroll to the bottom you will see the deleted and blocked folders

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Go to Setting-Phone-Call Blocking & Identification. You can see your list of all blocked numbers where you manually selected to block that number, but it does not show log of blocked calls received. Should a blocked caller call your number, there is no log of that. But, the blocked caller can still leave a voicemail. There is no notification of a new voicemail from a blocked caller, the voicemail gets filed to deleted right away and you can review that voicemail if carrier permits.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
One other thing, android has an option to block number, part of the number or phrase for an sms.
It is very annoing on iPhone that you have to put unwanted number to contact and then block it.

For example some telemarketing companies in my country have many numbers but all of them finish with same last 3-4 digits. With this function I could block all of their numbers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73