Afternoon all,

It has been ages that I have been using two devices, an iPhone XS Max (among many other iPhones), and an Samsung S9+.

What has been a tad frustrating is the 'Text size' limitations on iOS. For example, you can set the text size to the largest, yet, this is not amended for 'all' applications.

On Android, well, in particular, my S9+, adjusting text size affects all applications, and thus makes things easier to read (without the need for my reading glasses).

Curious, why is this not the same on iOS (probably a moot question, unless there is an Apple Executive in the forums - LOL)? But, any ideas?

Thanks
    Ivan
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-02-2019 11:32 AM
    iOS supports dynamic type, which you can adjust in Settings / General / Accessibility / Larger Text, but developers are not required to implement dynamic type. Perhaps they should be. Many apps do support it, and many apps that don't have their own text size settings.
    ivanwi11iams and Annie_8plus like this.
    03-02-2019 11:48 AM
    Afternoon all,

It has been ages that I have been using two devices, an iPhone XS Max (among many other iPhones), and an Samsung S9+.

What has been a tad frustrating is the 'Text size' limitations on iOS. For example, you can set the text size to the largest, yet, this is not amended for 'all' applications.

On Android, well, in particular, my S9+, adjusting text size affects all applications, and thus makes things easier to read (without the need for my reading glasses).

Curious, why is this not the same on iOS (probably a moot question, unless there is an Apple Executive in the forums - LOL)? But, any ideas?

Thanks
    Ivan
    Just an annoyance with iOS. System settings generally change Apple programs and that’s about it. Developers would have to add that support in their app or add their own options.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    03-02-2019 11:49 AM
    After 24 hours or so of iPhone XS Max use (I put my S9+ in a drawer), I still wish text was better defined on ALL apps.

A shame really.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-03-2019 06:41 AM
    After 24 hours or so of iPhone XS Max use (I put my S9+ in a drawer), I still wish text was better defined on ALL apps.

A shame really.
    I've never really had a issue with text size in apps, except when TapaTalk did away with the text size options in TapaTalk settings. But that was them, not Apple. Is there a particular app you have trouble with?
    03-04-2019 04:05 PM
    Hmm, mainly email I would say. I use the built in mail app, since I use Outlook for work emails.

I've never really had a issue with text size in apps, except when TapaTalk did away with the text size options in TapaTalk settings. But that was them, not Apple. Is there a particular app you have trouble with?
    03-05-2019 07:30 AM

A shame really.
    I can understand the frustration! This is a great example of something to submit feedback to Apple. Perhaps if enough people do so, they'll consider something. And while I understand the explanantion offered by @doogald but it never hurts to try! Here's a link to Apple's Feedback page
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    03-05-2019 07:35 AM
    Hmm, mainly email I would say. I use the built in mail app, since I use Outlook for work emails.
    It would be nice to have separate text size control for the Mail app and iMessage. The one size fits all can be problematic for sure. Ran into that with TapaTalk. When I get it right on TapaTalk, then the text is too big elsewhere.
    03-05-2019 10:20 AM
    Settings / Display / Text Size does change the text size for the stock Mail app.
    03-05-2019 10:52 AM
    Right you are. However, I feel certain HTML emails, do not format to said registered size...

Settings / Display / Text Size does change the text size for the stock Mail app.
    03-05-2019 11:13 AM