I have a lot of iPad Minis with their own device name and using the same Apple ID. The iPad is running 12.1.4.

When I go to Location Services- Share My Location From, I want to select the current device but I don't see it listed as an option. I see all others devices but not the current device I am using.

Usually, I choose "This Device" as the From but it is not there.

Is this a bug or something I am missing?
    02-26-2019 08:49 AM
    I have a lot of iPad Minis with their own device name and using the same Apple ID. The iPad is running 12.1.4.

When I go to Location Services- Share My Location From, I want to select the current device but I don't see it listed as an option. I see all others devices but not the current device I am using.

Usually, I choose "This Device" as the From but it is not there.

Is this a bug or something I am missing?
    Did you try rebooting your device? I just checked my iPad mini 2 & it shows the device I’m using as “This Device”.
    03-04-2019 09:42 PM
    Yep. I already thought of that. Doesn't fix it.
    03-05-2019 08:21 AM
    Hmm. I might suggest looking in Settings / [your name] (i.e., the top option) / Share my location and make sure that it is turned on.

If that isn't is, I might suggest signing out of iCloud and signing back in again (but don't do that if you use iCloud Photo Library unless you have a lot of spare iCloud storage.)

Settings / [your name] and scroll down to "Sign out", then go back in and sign in again.
    03-05-2019 10:10 AM
    I have a lot of iPad Minis with their own device name and using the same Apple ID.
    How many devices are you talking about? That might be the issue.
    03-05-2019 12:16 PM
    Well this is a school so I have a lot of devices using the same ID. Most likely it is the number of devices sharing the same ID.
    03-08-2019 08:14 AM
    Well this is a school so I have a lot of devices using the same ID. Most likely it is the number of devices sharing the same ID.
    In this case, then, it's probably worth a call to AppleCare to see if they can either solve the issue for you, or let them know that there is a problem (if it is, in fact, a problem with having "too many" devices logged in to the same Apple ID.)
    03-08-2019 08:48 AM