How do I stop unwanted spam texts. They aren’t iMessage texts so I can’t report them as junk. They are SMS texts such as this. I’ve got several from American Express to
    02-19-2019 10:52 PM
    Chris Cook5 and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-20-2019 01:02 AM
    Are you able to send email addresses? They aren’t #

I ended up blocking the sender. Do you think that will help
    02-20-2019 01:08 AM
    Are you able to send email addresses? They aren’t #

I ended up blocking the sender. Do you think that will help
    If you feel it's not legit, forward it to abuse@chase.com.
    Chris Cook5 and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-20-2019 01:40 AM
    I just sent them a few. The weird thing is I have not done any business with Chase or any of these companies
    02-20-2019 09:50 AM
    I have found a couple of different ways to deal with these nuisances!

1. Forward the messages to AT&T. Here's how: "To report a spam SMS message received on your iPhone, you can forward the text to the number SPAM (7726). AT&T will reply with a text asking for the phone number of the person who sent the spam text message.

Reply with the phone number and that's it. Text messages reported as spam and the replies from AT&T are not counted towards your data plan or monthly text allowance." Source Link

2. Report unwanted calls & texts directly to AT&T by using this online form on their esupport page.

From the FTC webpage about Text Message Spam: "If you are an AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint or Bell subscriber, you can report spam texts to your carrier by copying the original message and forwarding it to the number 7726 (SPAM), free of charge."
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-20-2019 10:16 AM
    The problem I have with that 7726 number is that I can’t report it because it doesn’t come from a phone number, it comes from the email. I reported a few to abuse@chase.com
    Annie_8plus and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-20-2019 10:28 AM
    If you feel it's not legit, forward it to abuse@chase.com.
    The problem I have with that 7726 number is that I can’t report it because it doesn’t come from a phone number, it comes from the email. I reported a few to abuse@chase.com
    Thanks for posting that link! That's good to know!
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-20-2019 10:33 AM
    You can email AT&T
    abuse@att.net
    Show them everything, including the email address the spam comes from, a screenshot of the text, etc.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-21-2019 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD