using windex on aluminum backing

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Buy what makes you happy but I’ll point out that we have dozens of Apple mobile devices in our food prep, order picking, delivery, retail, training dept, and customer facing scenarios. They get cleaned a lot with basic cheap known good cleaners. They last years and look fine. We’d be bankrupt if we bought some of the stuff sold to clean your devices.

All over the company we have spray bottles and wipes with bleach, alcohol, detergents, and whatever they put in industrial general purpose and food prep cleaning supplies. You’d think we would see a problem if you were not supposed to clean the devices often or with that stuff.

We also have around 50 iPads placed by a vendor just in a grip stand (not any cases). They take whatever a commercial cleaner sprays on them every night for years.

That scale also means we have more repairs than many probably see. No one at the Apple Store or depot repair has every raised a flag about how we clean the devices.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why would you want to use Windex on your device when there are products specifically made for cleaning tech gadgets? I don't get it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to use Windex on your device when there are products specifically made for cleaning tech gadgets? I don't get it.

I would not seek out Windex but don't waste money on some of the specialty product out there. At work dozens of phones, tablets, and scanners are cleaned with inexpensive harsh stuff a few times a day for the up to years they live.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
For the kind of money we spend on devices I do not mind spending a few more bucks on decent cleaner to keep it in good condition .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh