Official iOS 12.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
12.1.3 done on all devices (iPadAir 2, Mini4, iPhones 7Plus, 8plus & 6plus.......( wife's older device now is in 'spare drawer'. ) All downloads and installs as well as initial impressions good. My casual reading seems to point at any connectivity issues being more with with newer models & technology ie iPhone X & beyond - or am I spending too much time reading Forbes.......

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
12.1.3 done on all devices (iPadAir 2, Mini4, iPhones 7Plus, 8plus & 6plus.......( wife's older device now is in 'spare drawer'. ) All downloads and installs as well as initial impressions good. My casual reading seems to point at any connectivity issues being more with with newer models & technology ie iPhone X & beyond - or am I spending too much time reading Forbes.......

I was reading Flipboard this morning and a few of the news blocks I follow were reporting how 12.1.3 has a “nasty” surprise. Some people are reporting network connectivity issues and WiFi cut out issues. Some are reporting they lose both connections.

I only breezed thru so I didn’t pick up any details if it’s just targeting certain devices or certain network providers- ie. Sprint, At&t, Verizon etc.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the public beta and have notice it disconnedt my wifi a few times tonight. And for some reason my cellular is practically useless.
But tonight is the first time I've seen it on my Xr. Hopefully 12.2 public beta will come soon.
bdc058096ef676ad369f55e568589d0d.jpg

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I was reading Flipboard this morning and a few of the news blocks I follow were reporting how 12.1.3 has a “nasty” surprise. Some people are reporting network connectivity issues and WiFi cut out issues. Some are reporting they lose both connections.

I only breezed thru so I didn’t pick up any details if it’s just targeting certain devices or certain network providers- ie. Sprint, At&t, Verizon etc.

My data has been fine as usual, so far. I would try a reboot if I were to experience any issues.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
It would be interesting to see how many of these issues (in general) relate to the iPhone X and beyond. The 'Nasty Surprise' writer does not mention this nor that some of the issues could be carrier specific. But I also may have been simply lucky ( on all devices??) I had held off on updating since 12.1.1 essentially after reading the plethora of negatives by the same writer. I normally use this ( iMore) and a few other forums as sources of feedback after an update drops and haven't seen much in the way of major problems here....

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just heard about a FaceTime bug that effects all devices running iOS 12.1 and newer. Apple will probably release an update very soon.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just heard about a FaceTime bug that effects all devices running iOS 12.1 and newer. Apple will probably release an update very soon.

I was watching the news last night & channel 4 this morning. That is a confirmed bug, if someone is calling you even before your phone starts to ring or you answer it, they can hear you. Creeeeeeepy if you ask me !! There is a You Tube video of someone duplicating this exact bug.

According to NBC news this morning a fix will be out by the end of this week.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I was watching the news last night & channel 4 this morning. That is a confirmed bug, if someone is calling you even before your phone starts to ring or you answer it, they can hear you. Creeeeeeepy if you ask me !! There is a You Tube video of someone duplicating this exact bug.

From what I have heard, Apple has disabled the FaceTime group chat for now.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I expect we’ll see an update to fix this sooner than later.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 12.1.3 Official Release Is Now Out

I would assume that if one avoided ever selecting 'group FaceTime' it would not happen either....(??)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I would assume that if one avoided ever selecting 'group FaceTime' it would not happen either....(??)

The issue was for answering calls. (Group FaceTime is now off, so it's no longer an issue). So, if somebody called YOU, and then swiped up while it was ringing to add themselves to a group call, they could hear you before you answered the call, and if you pressed the wake/lock button to reject the call, they could actually see you through video.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

OK thanks - really don't need it ( Group) and hopefully the next fix won't 'fix this but wreck that'......I was really hoping that iOS 12 was to be about reliability - seems not to be the case so far

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

My screen will periodically freeze and there is lag on a couple of apps
I will not do a reset. Too much bother and doubt it will help

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's been ten days and 12.1.3 hasn't downloaded to either my iPhone or my iPad yet. Seems weird that it takes so long if you wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner