I was reading Flipboard this morning and a few of the news blocks I follow were reporting how 12.1.3 has a “nasty” surprise. Some people are reporting network connectivity issues and WiFi cut out issues. Some are reporting they lose both connections.

I only breezed thru so I didn’t pick up any details if it’s just targeting certain devices or certain network providers- ie. Sprint, At&t, Verizon etc.
    My data has been fine as usual, so far. I would try a reboot if I were to experience any issues.
    01-27-2019 08:56 PM
    No issues for our devices. I have heard of the “Nasty Surprise”. If you’ve been affected by this, I would suggest you leave feedback with Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

You may also consider contacting Apple Support.

The more they hear from people having this issue, the quicker they’ll release a fix.
    01-27-2019 09:58 PM
    It would be interesting to see how many of these issues (in general) relate to the iPhone X and beyond. The 'Nasty Surprise' writer does not mention this nor that some of the issues could be carrier specific. But I also may have been simply lucky ( on all devices??) I had held off on updating since 12.1.1 essentially after reading the plethora of negatives by the same writer. I normally use this ( iMore) and a few other forums as sources of feedback after an update drops and haven't seen much in the way of major problems here....
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 01-28-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    01-28-2019 06:14 AM
    No “nasty surprises” for me. iOS 12.1.3 has been solid as a rock.
    01-28-2019 03:14 PM
    No “nasty surprises” for me. iOS 12.1.3 has been solid as a rock.
    I agree, I updated both iPhones -X & 8Plus, my watch & iPad Air. All are solid
    pr1nce likes this.
    01-28-2019 04:33 PM
    I just heard about a FaceTime bug that effects all devices running iOS 12.1 and newer. Apple will probably release an update very soon.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-28-2019 11:58 PM
    I just heard about a FaceTime bug that effects all devices running iOS 12.1 and newer. Apple will probably release an update very soon.
    I was watching the news last night & channel 4 this morning. That is a confirmed bug, if someone is calling you even before your phone starts to ring or you answer it, they can hear you. Creeeeeeepy if you ask me !! There is a You Tube video of someone duplicating this exact bug.

According to NBC news this morning a fix will be out by the end of this week.
    01-29-2019 09:30 AM
    I was watching the news last night & channel 4 this morning. That is a confirmed bug, if someone is calling you even before your phone starts to ring or you answer it, they can hear you. Creeeeeeepy if you ask me !! There is a You Tube video of someone duplicating this exact bug.

From what I have heard, Apple has disabled the FaceTime group chat for now.
    01-29-2019 12:20 PM
    From what I have heard, Apple has disabled the FaceTime group chat for now.
    I heard the same thing. You can also just turn off FaceTime until the issue is resolved.
    01-29-2019 01:23 PM

I expect we’ll see an update to fix this sooner than later.
    01-29-2019 01:24 PM
    I would assume that if one avoided ever selecting 'group FaceTime' it would not happen either....(??)
    01-29-2019 02:00 PM
    I would assume that if one avoided ever selecting 'group FaceTime' it would not happen either....(??)
    The issue was for answering calls. (Group FaceTime is now off, so it's no longer an issue). So, if somebody called YOU, and then swiped up while it was ringing to add themselves to a group call, they could hear you before you answered the call, and if you pressed the wake/lock button to reject the call, they could actually see you through video.
    01-29-2019 05:33 PM
    OK thanks - really don't need it ( Group) and hopefully the next fix won't 'fix this but wreck that'......I was really hoping that iOS 12 was to be about reliability - seems not to be the case so far
    01-29-2019 05:41 PM
    My screen will periodically freeze and there is lag on a couple of apps
    I will not do a reset. Too much bother and doubt it will help
    01-30-2019 08:56 PM
    I wonder if 12.1.4 will drop today with the patch for the Group FaceTime bug??
    02-01-2019 07:54 AM
    It's been ten days and 12.1.3 hasn't downloaded to either my iPhone or my iPad yet. Seems weird that it takes so long if you wait for it.
    02-01-2019 11:10 AM
    I wonder if 12.1.4 will drop today with the patch for the Group FaceTime bug??
    Latest rumour is it will drop early next week.

It's been ten days and 12.1.3 hasn't downloaded to either my iPhone or my iPad yet. Seems weird that it takes so long if you wait for it.
    Do you have Automatic Updates toggled off in Settings?
    02-01-2019 03:45 PM
    Do you have Automatic Updates toggled off in Settings?
    Absolutely. I always want to wait at least a few days after an update drops. There are just too any ties when an update ends up being problematic. I'm just surprised it takes so long to download on its own.
    02-01-2019 06:31 PM
    Absolutely. I always want to wait at least a few days after an update drops. There are just too any ties when an update ends up being problematic. I'm just surprised it takes so long to download on its own.
    That’s really odd!
    02-02-2019 10:36 AM
    Still hasn't notified me to install on either of my devices... (by the way, the real reason that I didn't install was that I was traveling without a laptop, and didn't want to be in a situation where a failed install that required a computer to resolve in a country without an Apple Store would leave me with a brick until I got home. Though at this point I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for this update to actually prompt me to install.)
    02-06-2019 11:52 AM
    12.1.4 is officially available!

02-07-2019 01:25 PM
46 12