iOS 12.1.2 Official Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
A little surprised it’s released after only 1 beta. Wonder if we’ll see a new beta before the holidays.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There was a story late last week about Apple and Qualcomm. Qualcomm successfully was able to get a ruling to prevent importing iPhones because of a patent infringement, but the phones were still available. Apple said that they were just about to send out an iOS update that removed some piece of offending code, and I wonder if this is part of what was delivered with 12.1.2. (There is also an update to fix an issue with eSIM I believe and a minor issue with cellular connectivity for in Turkey for the 2018 phones.) If that is the case, I am sure that Apple rushed this out to prevent iPhones from being pulled from sale in China.

See the original article on Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...alcomm-case-threatens-sales-ban-idUSKBN1OD0B1

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I can’t update from the 12.1.2 beta even after having removed the developer beta profile certificate and rebooting. I think the beta release was a later version than the official one.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
As of 6 am (Eastern) Dec 18, 2018:
12.1.2 is not available on my WiFi only iPad Pro (2nd gen).
I checked on the device and on iTunes (with the device connected my PC).​

Will WiFi only devices (which don't use Qualcomm chips?) get 12.1.2?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
That will be unfortunate.
It is neat to keep the same iOS versions across all supported devices.

I looked for this in the news but could not see any reports mentioning this restriction.

It will be good to know if others with iPads (especially WiFi only iPads) are seeing the same thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a cellular iPad Mini 4 on 12.1.1 and it is also not seeing an update. I believe that this really is an interim update for the China/Turkey/eSIM issue and I bet that which was 12.1.2 beta will probably just be picked up as 12.1.3.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It is apparently available in UK for iPhone, not showing for iPad, it doesn’t do anything that I care about so left it !

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
OK... so has anyone downloaded it onto their iPhone?

Downloaded, installed, and up an running on my XS Max as of earlier this morning. So far so good. In addition to its release notes, some of the phone blogs (MacRumors) have said that Apple has confirmed that this release addresses the Qualcomm patents and introduces a new force closing animation for China. I believe that 12.1.2 is for iPhones only.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Download, installed, and up an running on my XS Max as of earlier this morning. So far so good. In addition to its release notes, some of the phone blogs (MacRumors) have said that Apple has confirmed that this release addresses the Qualcomm patents and introduces a new force closing animation for China. I believe that 12.1.2 is for iPhones only.

Thanks! I will download and install after lunch!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m on the beta for my Xr been running great. From my understanding the beta version is a newer version so beta users won’t be updated to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711