Good morning all. Having a strange issue here.

Lately I've discovered that I'm not receiving notifications from (a) non iMessage users, and (b) services that require a text security code.

For example, I've been texting back and forth with a coworker (I'm on iOS 12.1.1 and he's on an Android device, don't know which one) and we're communicating fine, but if I lock my phone (7 Plus) and he sends me a text, while I do receive the message, I get no notification from either my phone or watch that I've received the message. And the same holds true for services that I have 2FA enabled for that send me a code when I log into their sites. When I log into my cellular account website, I have it set up to text me a security code. I get the code, but I get no notification on any devices. All notification settings (to my knowledge) are enabled.

Unfortunately I can't say for sure when it started, before 12.1.1 or not.
    salscott likes this.
    12-11-2018 11:11 AM
    Good morning all. Having a strange issue here.

Lately I've discovered that I'm not receiving notifications from (a) non iMessage users, and (b) services that require a text security code.

For example, I've been texting back and forth with a coworker (I'm on iOS 12.1.1 and he's on an Android device, don't know which one) and we're communicating fine, but if I lock my phone (7 Plus) and he sends me a text, while I do receive the message, I get no notification from either my phone or watch that I've received the message. And the same holds true for services that I have 2FA enabled for that send me a code when I log into their sites. When I log into my cellular account website, I have it set up to text me a security code. I get the code, but I get no notification on any devices. All notification settings (to my knowledge) are enabled.

Unfortunately I can't say for sure when it started, before 12.1.1 or not.
    This same thing is happening to me since the update.... Lovely
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    12-11-2018 06:22 PM
    I haven’t had any issues, that I’ve noticed. My notifications seem to be coming through just fine on both my iPhones & my watch.
    12-12-2018 07:12 PM
    I seem to be getting all notifications as well.
    12-12-2018 08:39 PM
    Very disappointed that even after 12.1.2, I'm not getting email Notifications
    12-18-2018 08:58 AM
    Very disappointed that even after 12.1.2, I'm not getting email Notifications
    You have to enable them per account.
    12-18-2018 10:14 AM
    You have to enable them per account.
    I know this- thanks
    12-18-2018 10:18 AM
    Everything's working fine thus far with the exception of notifications from non-iOS users and companies that use SMS codes for authentication. Sometimes I get the notification and sometimes I don't. But I always get the message.
    12-18-2018 01:19 PM
    Everything's working fine thus far with the exception of notifications from non-iOS users and companies that use SMS codes for authentication. Sometimes I get the notification and sometimes I don't. But I always get the message.
    I'm just not getting email notifications and I've tried to reset, etc...I should say I get the badge but not banner,etc
    12-18-2018 01:25 PM
    I'm wondering if it's an intermittent issue on the watch. What I might try is to temporarily turn off notifications for messages on the watch (Watch app, Notifications / Messages, tap "Custom", turn "Notifications" off) and see if they come ok to the iPhone.

If that's not it, I might think about deleting the messages threads (swipe left in the list of message threads and hit "Delete") where you are having issues and see if that fixes it.
    12-18-2018 05:52 PM