iMessage camera feature

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I tend to relay a lot thru photos taken while inside a message thread and in iOS 12 they changed it for better and worse.

You have quick photo editing or markup but camera is the default when the camera icon is touched so in order to use a camera roll photo you need an extra step.

My issue is the message photo gets saved in the camera roll now which I have an issue with.

How does other members feel about it????

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I tend to relay a lot thru photos taken while inside a message thread and in iOS 12 they changed it for better and worse.

You have quick photo editing or markup but camera is the default when the camera icon is touched so in order to use a camera roll photo you need an extra step.

My issue is the message photo gets saved in the camera roll now which I have an issue with.

It’s harder for sure, but I got accustomed to the Camera Roll icon to be available on the most left of the App Drawer.
45f4097f1f5311ded6f7a9eda37d6471.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like the others, I don’t care for it all that much, but I’ve adjusted.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love the fact that photos go to the camera roll. I don't often take photos from with the messages app, but there have been times when I forgot that I had and didn't know where the photo was when I looked at the camera roll (then had to go back and figure out which conversation they were in.). I do occasional culling of photos anyway so unwanted photos showing up in the camera roll isn't that big a deal for me. I'm a fan of the changes.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was optional. Not every picture I take via Messages is one I want to keep. For example, how we have the option to delete a screenshot after we share it. I love that feature.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My job as an estimater involves site inspections an taking photos mostly in the message app to send to various people. Having the backup photos for me is a plus, so I don't mind the feature.

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a question, when I’m in messages on my iPad Pro 10.5 latest iOS installed. I can’t select a photo from my camera roll via messages I have to manually go to my photos and type who I want to send it to. On my iPhone 7 Plus I never have to leave the messages app to send a photo. Can someone please help me? Thank you in advanced!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, when I’m in messages on my iPad Pro 10.5 latest iOS installed. I can’t select a photo from my camera roll via messages I have to manually go to my photos and type who I want to send it to. On my iPhone 7 Plus I never have to leave the messages app to send a photo. Can someone please help me? Thank you in advanced!
Press this icon....

fullsizeoutput_42ef.jpeg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox