I tend to relay a lot thru photos taken while inside a message thread and in iOS 12 they changed it for better and worse.

You have quick photo editing or markup but camera is the default when the camera icon is touched so in order to use a camera roll photo you need an extra step.

My issue is the message photo gets saved in the camera roll now which I have an issue with.

How does other members feel about it????
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-04-2018 03:15 PM
    I tend to relay a lot thru photos taken while inside a message thread and in iOS 12 they changed it for better and worse.

You have quick photo editing or markup but camera is the default when the camera icon is touched so in order to use a camera roll photo you need an extra step.

My issue is the message photo gets saved in the camera roll now which I have an issue with.

It’s harder for sure, but I got accustomed to the Camera Roll icon to be available on the most left of the App Drawer.
    kataran and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-04-2018 03:32 PM
    It’s harder for sure, but I got accustomed to the Camera Roll icon to be available on the most left of the App Drawer.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eda37d6471.jpg
    {Slapping self in the head}

Thanks buddy
    Tartarus and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-04-2018 03:34 PM
    Personally, I hate the fact that it saves to the camera roll.
    kataran likes this.
    12-04-2018 07:44 PM

Like the others, I don’t care for it all that much, but I’ve adjusted.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    12-04-2018 08:00 PM
    Personally, I hate the fact that it saves to the camera roll.
    Exactly the whole reason I take the photo in the message thread is so I don’t save it to the camera roll.

But like D said I adjusted to it
    nikkisharif likes this.
    12-04-2018 08:05 PM
    Exactly the whole reason I take the photo in the message thread is so I don’t save it to the camera roll.

But like D said I adjusted to it
    Right..sigh
    12-04-2018 08:07 PM
    I love the fact that photos go to the camera roll. I don't often take photos from with the messages app, but there have been times when I forgot that I had and didn't know where the photo was when I looked at the camera roll (then had to go back and figure out which conversation they were in.). I do occasional culling of photos anyway so unwanted photos showing up in the camera roll isn't that big a deal for me. I'm a fan of the changes.
    12-05-2018 08:32 AM
    I wish it was optional. Not every picture I take via Messages is one I want to keep. For example, how we have the option to delete a screenshot after we share it. I love that feature.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    12-06-2018 10:42 AM
    My job as an estimater involves site inspections an taking photos mostly in the message app to send to various people. Having the backup photos for me is a plus, so I don't mind the feature.
    12-06-2018 12:13 PM