Home iMore Q&A > iOS 12

How do I turn on notification of when to leave?

Asked: Nov 25 2018 | 8:05 pm EST 1967 Views 6 Answers View Best Answer

So I’m having a strange issue. My iPad will alert me when it’s time to leave for an appointment and it’ll give me how long to get there. My iPhone XS won’t give me this info and I can’t seem to remember where this setting is.

Any advice?

Best Answer

Nov 25 2018 | 8:11 pm EST RECON1

I think you might be looking for in Settings/Calendar/ Default Alert Times, and toggle Time to Leave.

More Answers

Nov 25 2018 | 8:52 pm EST Jamie Wooten

I think you might be looking for in Settings/Calendar/ Default Alert Times, and toggle Time to Leave.
Just did that. I’ll see if it works tomorrow. Thanks
Dec 12 2018 | 4:01 pm EST Jamie Wooten

So I tried what was mentioned before and still nothing. I get notified on my iPad of when to leave and what traffic conditions are, just can’t get it on my phone. Hmm
Dec 12 2018 | 7:44 pm EST doogald

Just guessing, but I would also look in Settings / Privacy / Location Services, make sure that Location Services is on, make sure that "Calendar: is set to "While Using", then tap "System Services" and make sure tat "Location-Based Alerts" in on.
Dec 13 2018 | 9:26 am EST Jamie Wooten

Just guessing, but I would also look in Settings / Privacy / Location Services, make sure that Location Services is on, make sure that "Calendar: is set to "While Using", then tap "System Services" and make sure tat "Location-Based Alerts" in on.
So I didn’t ha e location based alerts on. Maybe that’ll do the trick. Thanks.
Feb 26 2019 | 8:16 pm EST Rockdog97

So I didn’t ha e location based alerts on. Maybe that’ll do the trick. Thanks.
I was having the type of issue where I set up a reminder shortcut for when I get home but it wasn't popping up when I get home. Turns out I didn't have the location-based alerts on. Will see tomorrow.