Copy/paste memory??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I noticed something since switching from iOS11 to 12;

On iOS11 when I copied a text, it would be under the 'paste' function for like... FOREVER.
(unless I rebooted my device)
Now, when I do the same under iOS12, it will 'only' be memorized for about an hour or so.

- Did any1 else notice this, and is there a way to get the memory-option back to 'forever'?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely copy text via my iPhone unless it’s a password, but then that info is auto-deleted from memory rather quickly. I’ll copy something now and see how long it stays in memory.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s been 3 hours since I initially replied and I am no longer able to paste the text I copied earlier. Since I lost track of time, I cannot say what time I was no longer able to paste.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It might have to do with the shortcut app. I noticed this as well and if I run a shortcut even one that doesn’t use the clipboard I loose my paste content

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that this auto clearing of the copy function is a good thing ! we used to have to clear it by ”copying”a white space.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I never used the shortcut app, so it can't be that...

What I was trying to say is it doesn’t appear to be an iOS 12 glitch so there had to be a reason for the change. Introduction of shortcuts and the actions that rely on Ram could be the reason for the clipboard change.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been using the app named “Gladys” (nothing for me to gain) other than it lets me hold 10 “copies” of anything in my clipboard for free.

I’d love to see clipboard expanded within the OS, but until then, this works really well.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
What I was trying to say is it doesn’t appear to be an iOS 12 glitch so there had to be a reason for the change. Introduction of shortcuts and the actions that rely on Ram could be the reason for the clipboard change.

That or security. It really wasn't secure if the clipboard never self cleared.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234