In the last day, I've noticed that I'm suddenly no longer getting notifications properly on my iPhone XS Max running 12.0.1.

Messages (mail, iMessage) arriving are not waking the screen and are not giving a haptic notification. This also results in them not forwarding to my car via bluetooth.

All the settings seem to be as they should--I also spent some time on the phone with Apple. They were stumped and suggested resetting all settings, which I very much want to avoid.

It also seems like Do Not Disturb is stuck on.

Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.
    10-16-2018 09:29 AM
    Not seeing it here. If Apple Support recommended resetting all settings I’d probably do it.
    10-16-2018 09:38 AM
    Ok, experimenting with this further: Notifications start working as expected when I turn off my Apple Watch. They stop notifying again properly when it reconnects to my phone.

Any ideas on that one?
    10-16-2018 09:54 AM
    Ok, experimenting with this further: Notifications start working as expected when I turn off my Apple Watch. They stop notifying again properly when it reconnects to my phone.

Any ideas on that one?
    That's as designed. If notifications are set to go to the watch, and the watch is unlocked and the phone's display is off, they will not sound the iPhone or light the display. It's working as designed, and I'm surprised Apple was stumped about that (unless they never asked you if you own an Apple Watch.)

You can turn off notifications on the watch on a per-app basis (turn off "mirror my iPhone"), or you can turn off the setting that mirrors Do Not Disturb between the watch and the iPhone and put your watch on DND while you are in the car if you want notifications to light the phone in the car.
    10-16-2018 11:03 AM
    Doogald -

I know how it is supposed to work and that’s how it has been working. However, something was going haywire with it earlier where it was causing notifications on the phone to not work properly at all. The watch face was off and the phone was on and I wouldn’t even get a notification. Restarting everything many times, it seems to be back to normal.
    10-16-2018 02:55 PM
    In the last day, I've noticed that I'm suddenly no longer getting notifications properly on my iPhone XS Max running 12.0.1.

Messages (mail, iMessage) arriving are not waking the screen and are not giving a haptic notification. This also results in them not forwarding to my car via bluetooth.

All the settings seem to be as they should--I also spent some time on the phone with Apple. They were stumped and suggested resetting all settings, which I very much want to avoid.

It also seems like Do Not Disturb is stuck on.

Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.
    I had a short period of my haptic feedback not responding while the apps were still popping (ie without the vibration) but that resolved in less than 2 minutes
    . Didn't even have to do a thing.
    10-19-2018 06:59 PM