Let's all share our Shortcuts and cool tips for using Shortcuts. If you need help ask here.

If you dont have Shortcuts installed yet, get it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shor...mUvbUpU3095744
    10-03-2018 12:44 PM
    About time this thread was created.

I am terribly ashamed to admit that I don’t really know how to work the new Shortcuts app.
    This thread may prove to be useful for me and hopefully a lot of others.
    10-03-2018 12:47 PM
    10-03-2018 12:52 PM
    Another member posted this link in a different thread: shortcutsgallery.com

Open link on device browser to have best experience and to add shortcuts to your device.

But I agree with Tartarus, it is a task to get familiar with how they work.
    10-03-2018 01:19 PM
    I started posting tips in another thread so if the Mods can move them here it would be helpful.

I’m slowly learning by trial and error and finally built my first shortcut from the ground up but there are a lot of templates out there that you can use and just re-formulate it for your needs.

Just getting use to Setting Variables and input actions and the Magic Wand took me over a week but it’s starting to make sense now

Here’s the Thread I posted shortcut links in
    The iOS 12 Shortcuts app is now in the App Store, in case you’re wondering.
    /ios-12/406788-ios-12-shortcuts-app-now-app-store-case-you-re-wondering.html

Flashlight
    https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/fa2...9e40759e772fb6

Discount Calculator
    https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/3d7...542d0db4acdb5c
    10-03-2018 01:58 PM

I am terribly ashamed to admit that I don’t really know how to work the new Shortcuts app.
    Same Halil....I was so frustrated I just tucked away the app in one of my folders and gave up.

Hopefully the tips and tricks other share will make it a simpler task to create shortcuts.
    10-03-2018 02:10 PM
    Hallelujia! I'm subscribing to this thread!
    10-03-2018 03:13 PM

Me either. Thankful for this post 🥰
    10-03-2018 03:55 PM
    It is really convent to have scripting on iOS. Workflow was great, but now that its an Apple app the integration is much better.

The best way to learn is grab some from the Gallery and play around with them.
    10-03-2018 04:02 PM
    It is really convent to have scripting on iOS. Workflow was great, but now that its an Apple app the integration is much better.

The best way to learn is grab some from the Gallery and play around with them.
    I am doing that. I added a few.
    And I learned you can pull up the share options to add it to the home screen.
    This app is now so much better.
    Thanks.
    kataran, nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-03-2018 04:47 PM
    I suppose I’ll play around with it. There are some neat things you can with Shortcuts.
    kataran, nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-03-2018 06:10 PM
    I played around with it and created some basic shortcuts. Looking forward to learning more.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    10-03-2018 07:51 PM

Don’t be ashamed. I haven’t used the app either, so I’m sure I’ll get a lot from this
    10-03-2018 08:52 PM
    I am working on one now that grabs sunrise/sunset times and adjusts the brightness on my phone accordingly. I’ll use that in conjunction with my in the car script.
    10-04-2018 04:13 AM
    Someone was having issues with clipboard copy/paste so I wrote this shortcut to see what’s in the clipboard and asks if it’s correct or wrong.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b7b...ecc8556f490cab
    kataran likes this.
    10-13-2018 07:51 AM
    10-23-2018 11:48 AM
    For the Space Nuts

How Many Astronauts in Space Right Now

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/001...a7480b9aa07173
    10-28-2018 09:58 PM
    If you are looking for Shortcuts post up your requests.
    kataran likes this.
    10-29-2018 10:21 AM
    Two requests for me.

1. Trying to get it set up so i can send a text to someone and then open google maps at my location. I have the text part but can't seem to get the maps to open after I send a text. Not possible?
    2. Where is the Measurements and Convert section? I searched and couldn't find it. I have upgraded the shortcuts app to 2.1
    11-01-2018 01:19 AM
    I'm no huge expert at this, but...

Two requests for me.

1. Trying to get it set up so i can send a text to someone and then open google maps at my location. I have the text part but can't seem to get the maps to open after I send a text. Not possible?
    Do an action "Get Current Location"
    Follow up with "Show in Maps", and choose "Google Maps" as the Maps app. (It did ask to confirm that I wanted to open Google Maps the first time that I ran the shortcut. After that, it seemed to open Google Maps. Not sure if it would be different with Apple Maps.)

2. Where is the Measurements and Convert section? I searched and couldn't find it. I have upgraded the shortcuts app to 2.1
    There is a search box for all of the actions, so you should be able to search, but they are under the "Scripting" section when I search for them.
    kataran likes this.
    11-01-2018 06:40 AM
    Add me to the list for those who have not used Shortcuts. I understand the concept and potential benefits having used Tasker, AutomateIT, and Llama on Android. Glad that the app is available, though. At this time perhaps my daily routine is simple enough that I've yet to feel the need to use or create a Shortcut.

This is a good thread, and appreciate those who are posting ideas. Maybe I'll see something that sparks my interest at some point.
    11-01-2018 07:04 AM
    I'm no huge expert at this, but...

Do an action "Get Current Location"
    Follow up with "Show in Maps", and choose "Google Maps" as the Maps app. (It did ask to confirm that I wanted to open Google Maps the first time that I ran the shortcut. After that, it seemed to open Google Maps. Not sure if it would be different with Apple Maps.)

There is a search box for all of the actions, so you should be able to search, but they are under the "Scripting" section when I search for them.
    I got this working. Thank you. Took me awhile to get the output of the temperature conversion to display, but eventually got it.
    kataran likes this.
    11-02-2018 01:35 AM
    A shortcut to turn Wi-Fi off completely so that every time i try to use Safari or Mail for example, the connect to WiFi popup does not appear.

Go to Settings
    Go to Wi-Fi
    Toggle Wi-Fi to Off

I imagine the above high level logic could be mixed in with other Shortcuts like "Leave Home", or "Arrive Home" where I do want Wi-Fi set to On.
    11-02-2018 06:51 AM
    I played around with it when it was called Workflow, but ended up deleting the app because it didn’t become part of my normal usage routine. After seeing this thread, I’ll give it another go and see how things progress.
    kataran likes this.
    11-02-2018 08:23 AM
    A shortcut to turn Wi-Fi off completely so that every time i try to use Safari or Mail for example, the connect to WiFi popup does not appear.

Go to Settings
    Go to Wi-Fi
    Toggle Wi-Fi to Off

I imagine the above high level logic could be mixed in with other Shortcuts like "Leave Home", or "Arrive Home" where I do want Wi-Fi set to On.
    This is trivial in Shortcuts - easier than what you describe. There is an action called "Set WiFi" with a toggle for off or on. (And, yes, this toggles the radio off, not disconnect from the current access point.)

(Also, you can do this with Siri without a shortcut anyway, so not sure what the Shortcut buys you other than the speaking.)

Shortcuts App (share and help)-fullsizeoutput_42bc.jpeg
    Trees likes this.
    11-02-2018 11:47 AM
95 123 ...