Upgrade to iPhone 8📱:Pay only $8 a month
    I have just found a couple of good videos on YouTube about how to set up a shortcut, and suggestions for shortcuts. One of the things I appreciate about these videos is that if you are interested in downloading shortcuts mentioned, links are posted below the video. Here are the links to the videos on YouTube:

I added several of the shortcuts mentioned!
    kataran likes this.
    11-02-2018 11:21 AM
    The update to Shortcut App 2.1 has a bug so if you have any shortcuts that use the Flashlight function your shortcut will error out
    doogald likes this.
    11-02-2018 11:27 AM
    I’ve set up a handful of shortcuts, but used them on maybe one or 2 occasions....it seems to be very helpful if you need multitasking from one command to another but I just don’t use my X like that to be on that level productive lol.

So I’ve deleted my shortcuts & the app as well. Maybe at another point in time I may try it out, but not for now
    pr1nce and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-03-2018 05:54 AM
    This is trivial in Shortcuts - easier than what you describe. There is an action called "Set WiFi" with a toggle for off or on. (And, yes, this toggles the radio off, not disconnect from the current access point.)

(Also, you can do this with Siri without a shortcut anyway, so not sure what the Shortcut buys you other than the speaking.)

Attachment 124937
    Thanks, good to see.

I searched the Gallery and didn't find a result for "Wi-*" and for the results from "Wi" did not see anything relevant. Then from the Create Shortcut a search for "Wi" did return the "Set WiFi". Created one for On and one for Off. I tried to add a Location filter next, but was only able to select the City level, so did not add a Location to either Shortcut.

I have not used Siri frequently, and prefer to use the type option, but need to remember to toggle the Silent switch to On. When out and about, have been surprised by her loud reply as I have on occasion forgotten to set the Silent switch to On before typing.
    Last edited by Trees; 11-04-2018 at 07:33 AM.
    11-03-2018 07:50 AM
    Best site for shortcuts i have found as always be carful in what shortcuts you install install shortcuts at own risk
    https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/
    11-05-2018 04:32 PM
    Looking to automate the following

This is what I normally do to give you an idea.
    Hold down on the web url in my twitter app. When the share sheet comes up, select email (this puts the link in the email, then type in a specific email address to send it to onenote.

If I can automate that, it would be cool. Hold down on the link, when the share sheet comes up, I can select the shortcut which would:

add the link to an email
    add my email address to the "to" line
    send the email.
    11-05-2018 11:43 PM
    Looking to automate the following

This is what I normally do to give you an idea.
    Hold down on the web url in my twitter app. When the share sheet comes up, select email (this puts the link in the email, then type in a specific email address to send it to onenote.

If I can automate that, it would be cool. Hold down on the link, when the share sheet comes up, I can select the shortcut which would:

add the link to an email
    add my email address to the "to" line
    send the email.
    So, that's pretty simple. (You can make it more complicated.)

Open the Shortcuts app. Tap "Create Shortcut". Tap the control top right that looks like two toggle switches. There you can name your shortcut ("Send to OneNote" maybe?) and turn on the control "Show in Share Sheet". Change "accepted types" to "URLs" only. Tap "Done".

Then add the action "Expand URL" (because twitter always shares shortened URLs that obfuscate who the tweet is from.). Then add the action "Send Email". The first time it will ask you for email credentials to your account. Fill that in, then (unless you want to alter the email before sending) turn off "Show compose sheet", set the "To" field to "me@onenote.com".

And, that's it.

Shortcuts App (share and help)-img_0066.png

(Hid my own email address for obvious reasons.)

To use it, while viewing a tweet, you'd just hit the share control, tap shortcuts, and chose the shortcut from the list.

Ways to make it more complicated:

- create a subject line that is the current date/time
    - create a subject line that is the first xx characters of the tweet, or the account name of the tweet, etc.
    - allow more content types than just URLs, and test for a URL first before the first step to expand it.
    kataran likes this.
    11-06-2018 10:49 AM
    Update 2.1.1 to the shortcut app is out now

Fixes the flashlight bug and a few more
    11-06-2018 04:05 PM
    So, that's pretty simple. (You can make it more complicated.)

Open the Shortcuts app. Tap "Create Shortcut". Tap the control top right that looks like two toggle switches. There you can name your shortcut ("Send to OneNote" maybe?) and turn on the control "Show in Share Sheet". Change "accepted types" to "URLs" only. Tap "Done".

Then add the action "Expand URL" (because twitter always shares shortened URLs that obfuscate who the tweet is from.). Then add the action "Send Email". The first time it will ask you for email credentials to your account. Fill that in, then (unless you want to alter the email before sending) turn off "Show compose sheet", set the "To" field to "me@onenote.com".

And, that's it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	406.4 KB 
ID:	124979

(Hid my own email address for obvious reasons.)

To use it, while viewing a tweet, you'd just hit the share control, tap shortcuts, and chose the shortcut from the list.

Ways to make it more complicated:

- create a subject line that is the current date/time
    - create a subject line that is the first xx characters of the tweet, or the account name of the tweet, etc.
    - allow more content types than just URLs, and test for a URL first before the first step to expand it.
    Many thanks for this. Works well. I would have not figured that out on my own.
    11-07-2018 12:29 AM
    Are there any written directions on how to create Shortcuts? Videos tend to go too fast and make it difficult to comprehend.
    11-07-2018 09:20 AM
    Are there any written directions on how to create Shortcuts? Videos tend to go too fast and make it difficult to comprehend.
    Unfortunately I haven’t seen any just videos but if your a Reddit user the community helps other members go thru the process.

Go to Reddit and type in r/shortcuts
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    11-07-2018 09:52 AM
    I’ve only build one shortcut from the ground up but the shortcuts on Reddit have many templates that I got and reformulated for my personal needs and in turn I learned a lot
    11-07-2018 09:56 AM
    This is a great shortcut to pick Random teams.

Just enter all the names then choose up to five teams and the shortcut will pick the teams for you

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/7dc...36ed919d656e77
    11-07-2018 10:05 AM
    I’ve only build one shortcut from the ground up but the shortcuts on Reddit have many templates that I got and reformulated for my personal needs and in turn I learned a lot
    What, exactly, do you do to reformulate one? These things have so much info on them. It's confusing. I have the Social Media Video save, but can't figure how to use it. It says no url. So now what? How to get the url? And from where?
    11-07-2018 12:30 PM
    What, exactly, do you do to reformulate one? These things have so much info on them. It's confusing. I have the Social Media Video save, but can't figure how to use it. It says no url. So now what? How to get the url? And from where?
    When you get a shortcut you want to change you tap on the three dots inside the shortcut box while in the library and the formula will be presented and you can edit it by adding or subtracting Actions.

On the bottom you will see a Search and you can swipe up and see your Favorite actions or search the huge list of available actions and that’s where it gets tricky as you have to learn how to use the Magic Wand to link URLs if needed. As you build your shortcut you can run it by hitting play toggle in the top of your build page and see if it errors out.

11-07-2018 12:52 PM
    I think it’s gonna get easier as they continue to update the app. It’s already had two updates in a short time
    11-07-2018 01:03 PM
    I think it’s gonna get easier as they continue to update the app. It’s already had two updates in a short time
    I already changed the name of one.
    Here's what I have. I had already created phone numbers in Workflow. They're on my homescreen.

Just can't figure out how to save a video on social media. I can do it other ways, but that Social Media Video save has me stumped.
    11-07-2018 01:37 PM
    I already changed the name of one.
    Here's what I have. I had already created phone numbers in Workflow. They're on my homescreen.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...060d80f207.jpg

Just can't figure out how to save a video on social media. I can do it other ways, but that Social Media Video save has me stumped.
    Yeah I have a few video download shortcuts but they don’t seem to work for me too.
    11-07-2018 01:59 PM
    Here’s a nice screenshot shortcut but if you want to use a camera roll pic you have to screenshot it first. I’ve been meaning to work on it to grab photos from other sources.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c4f...63d912bbb6f92d
    11-07-2018 02:02 PM
    Yeah I have a few video download shortcuts but they don’t seem to work for me too.
    The YouTube downloader works great in the YouTube app. There's a site online that converts videos from Twitter. But they're only in Safari. Can't save to camera roll. But using the Save from Safari Shortcut with it works great.
    Here's the site:
    https://ssstwitter.com/
    Copy the tweet with the video, and past it in on the site. Open it, and copy. Then tap on Shortcuts in the share sheet.
    kataran likes this.
    11-07-2018 02:29 PM
    Maybe this will help: https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/welcome/ios (click the "table of contents" link.)
    11-07-2018 02:57 PM
    Maybe this will help: https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts/welcome/ios (click the "table of contents" link.)
    Not much. The average user isn't going to figure this out. Some are fairly simple to do. But others I'd like to try are over my head. I think I get overwhelmed when I open the page with all the configurations and whatnot. All I can think is, "What I do now?". LOL
    kataran and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    11-07-2018 04:20 PM
    I don't think that creating shortcuts is meant for the average user. These are intended for more advanced users most definitely. Even using shortcuts I think is meant for more advanced users.
    kataran likes this.
    11-07-2018 05:37 PM
    I don't think that creating shortcuts is meant for the average user. These are intended for more advanced users most definitely. Even using shortcuts I think is meant for more advanced users.
    I must not be very advanced!
    ThePinkChameleon and kataran like this.
    11-07-2018 07:30 PM
    Well....a lot of us here are advanced users & some of us are still having an issue grasping this set up. I’m not new to any technology and have a pretty good grasp on a lot of stuff.

I feel the app is clunky and not very straight forward as far as creating shortcuts. There’s too many actions that have to be put in place just for one shortcut to work successfully.
    11-08-2018 06:10 AM
107 1234 ...