Has anyone seen the Forbes article via the following in which it is claiming that iOS 12 significantly degraded the quality of iPhone displays (in particular, the iPhone X)?

You can read the article HERE
    mumfoau likes this.
    09-22-2018 09:10 PM
    Has anyone seen the Forbes article via the following in which it is claiming that iOS 12 significantly degraded the quality of iPhone displays (in particular, the iPhone X)?

You can read the article HERE
    I rarely see eye to eye with Gordon however this article is more or less about people complaining about it on Reddit and MacRumors. Can't really fault him here for writing about what a fair pool of people are upset about. I think he's crazy for recommending users not update to iOS 12 but other than that the content of the article is simply brining to light what some users are seeing and experiencing.
    09-22-2018 09:16 PM
    I rarely see eye to eye with Gordon however this article is more or less about people complaining about it on Reddit and MacRumors. Can't really fault him here for writing about what a fair pool of people are upset about. I think he's crazy for recommending users not update to iOS 12 but other than that the content of the article is simply brining to light what some users are seeing and experiencing.
    Good point. I suppose my gripe is that I’ve been running iOS 12 since June and the overall performance of my iPhone X has improved. My iPhone X’s display has not been negative impacted at all.
    09-22-2018 09:40 PM
    Good point. I suppose my gripe is that I’ve been running iOS 12 since June and the overall performance of my iPhone X has improved. My iPhone X’s display has not been negative impacted at all.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. While I don't have an X those I know who do have nothing but great things to say about iOS 12. For the record, I have a PR 8 Plus and iOS 12 has been blazing fast and smooth.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-22-2018 09:43 PM
    A select few always have issues. I’m been using the iOS 12 since June with no issues. The screens on my X & 8 still look amazing.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2018 08:15 AM
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    09-23-2018 09:48 AM
    No problems with my iPad Air 2. I don't like having to swipe down from the right for the command center, I still keep trying to swipe up from the bottom, but that's a minor issue. No performance degradation noticed.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2018 01:27 PM
    I say lets go get him!!!!!!!!

What the heck is Forbes talking about?-tumblr_lgpfc1dfu01qeweuno1_500.jpg
    09-24-2018 11:46 AM
    I say lets go get him!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_500.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	124234
    Exactly this...LOL
    Just_Me_D and dmoskaluk like this.
    09-24-2018 11:48 AM
    He appears to be taking the issues of a few and subtly implying a greater issue. I haven't noticed a degradation in screen quality, personally. Not saying it hasn't happened to others. This is the first I've heard of this issue.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-24-2018 11:57 AM
    It's so rare that Forbes tech writers have anything positive to say about Apple software that IF they don't shoot something down right from the get-go, I work on the assumption that it must be 'really good'. Anything more than a luke warm response / review just doesn't & is not likely to happen anytime soon....
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-24-2018 01:55 PM
    There were a couple betas where the display on my X seemed to be less vivid, but that is definitely not the case anymore. Maybe that is what people were complaining about? I think I even remember seeing it in the release notes to one of the betas so I would assume that issue was fixed for the general release.
    09-24-2018 02:14 PM
    I've learned that I don't really like Forbes for a variety of reasons!
    09-24-2018 02:25 PM
    I've learned that I don't really like Forbes for a variety of reasons!
    I’m with you. I especially tend to take G Kelly with a grain of salt. I think he is very pro anything but Apple 🤣
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    09-24-2018 02:38 PM
    Yup, Ive seen it and read the article I posted about it in another thread too. I don't see anything wrong with my display since the upgrade.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-24-2018 06:51 PM
    09-26-2018 08:12 AM
    Sensationalism at its best. Claiming that battery life discrepancies is a “serious problem” without taking into account individual usage or the fact that people are able to charge their phone almost everywhere, including charging via a backpack is taking things way overboard.

But then again, the primary objective is to get people to read what was written and he accomplished his mission even though many of us are shaking our heads for having wasted our time reading it...(laughing)
    09-26-2018 08:33 AM
    I do agree, though, that more people will buy a less expensive XR over the XS, and not just because of the battery. And that Apple won't care one way or the other which one they buy.

That said, I hope that the X/XS size continues in the future. The XR is too big for me. I've already had to grow to accept the size of the 6/6s/7/8 over the older, smaller phone, and the X/XS being slightly bigger than those. I don't want to buy a phone that is physically any bigger.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-26-2018 09:45 AM
    While I understand this is not to be taken lightly, what’s the deal with Forbes these days?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...mistake-error/
    10-02-2018 04:50 PM
    I have stopped paying attention to Forbes. It seems like they are desperate for readership and blog about anything to get the hits.
    10-02-2018 07:10 PM
    Apple does change things up. I know the display on my 7 Plus started running dimmer on auto brightness after iOS 11. It's one of the reasons I upgraded to the iPhone aplue, which also had aggressive auto brightness, making it impossible to watch video on the phone in a dark room (as all the dark parts of the video were really crushed in the image as a result).

I think they did it for better battery life, but it's something I don't like manually managing on a smartphone.

Can't vouch for iPhone X issues, though. Seen one in the store and it "seemed" unchanged...
    10-03-2018 07:50 AM
    There are 2 reasons they may be posting these articles (well 3 if you count that it MIGHT be true), BUT likely they are doing it for the clicks, OR the authors are doing it to support their position on the stock.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-03-2018 01:16 PM
    Lol. Unless you own the stock that's useless. If you own it, then you wouldn't report negatives that can drag it down.

It being true is more likely than the nonsensical stock market stuff you're referring to.

All online publications do it for the clicks. That's completely nonfactor.
    10-03-2018 06:17 PM
    I also have been running iOS 12 since the first beta and the display on my X still looks amazing!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-04-2018 06:13 AM
    Someone at Apple must’ve really s**t in this guy Ewan Spence’s Cheerios, because he’s relentless...and oddly enough most of these articles are from my Apple News feed...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...rice-increase/
    10-16-2018 04:43 AM