Does anyone know why the adoption to iOS is slower that it was for iOS 11?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
News stories indicate that the rate of adoption for IOS 12 is slightly slower than it was for IOS 11 last year. Any ideas why that might be?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sloow Adoption

Perhaps it's because people (particularly on older devices) were burned by how bad iOS 11 was at launch last year and are holding off. (I was insistent on not upgrading until 12.1 was out but I upgraded anyway when I heard that 12 betas were very stable. Most iOS users don't follow tech news that closely.) Also, I think the vast majority of people update when their device prompts them too, and I know that can take as long as a week (my wife has not been prompted on her iPad yet), so it's probably waaaay too early to judge on adoption rates yet.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

News stories indicate that the rate of adoption for IOS 12 is slightly slower than it was for IOS 11 last year. Any ideas why that might be?

The common question on Twitter isn’t about performance, it’s about emojis and cosmetic changes. I swear to god. I’ve had this discussion with at least two dozen “friends” on Twitter who don’t care whether it’s faster or slower... they just wanted to know if it took prettier pictures with more filters and if the emojis changed.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

The question was NOT about performance. It was about how quickly IOS 12 is being downloaded and installed.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

The question was NOT about performance. It was about how quickly IOS 12 is being downloaded and installed.

You misunderstand. I was responding to the idea that people aren’t adopting because of iOS 11 performance woes. I think iOS 11 was adopted faster because of the cosmetic advantages it allegedly brought.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I updated my devices to iOS 11 for security reasons and for features. IOS 11 wasn’t that bad on my older devices, especially with a clean install. Who does that though?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don’t know. Maybe a good deal of people are too busy at the moment and will take the time to upgrade when they have the time. I know people who would never know that they had an awaiting update for their iPhones if I hadn’t told them.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Recently, Apple announced that IOS 12 is now running on 53% of all eligible devices. This is a little ahead of IOS 11 at this time. Perhaps, the new emogis coming with IOS 12.1 will accelerate adoption even more?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iOS 11 was ridden with bugs, Apple did well rolling out fixes, but it was too late for a lot of people.

iOS 12 has been very solid and the adoption rate will go up. And when 12.1 comes out with the new emoji it will happen faster. People love them some new emojis.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 was ridden with bugs, Apple did well rolling out fixes, but it was too late for a lot of people.

iOS 12 has been very solid and the adoption rate will go up. And when 12.1 comes out with the new emoji it will happen faster. People love them some new emojis.

Yes, I agree. I'm still trying to figure out what iOS 11 was about...LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner