How do I find my recent apps)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recent apps.

Had you tried double-tapping the home button, if applicable?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How do I find my recent apps? On iOS 11 I use to swipe up from the bottom of my iPad but that seems to do nothing now.

Double-tapping the home button will do this, but swiping up on an iPad should still work.

If you've ever seen a video of how the recent apps screen is called up on an iPhone X, the iPad with iOS 12 is similar. You swipe up from the bottom and stop when you've swiped up about halfway up the screen.

(But, as @Just_Me_D said, double-tapping the home button is probably easier anyway.)

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Just tried swiping up & it’s a lot harder took me 3 attempts. Will just be double pressing the home button as it’s so much easier. Thank you for your replies.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just a guess but I seem to have to swipe up further ie start from the bottom and go at least 2/3 way up the screen. Do it 'deliberately' and not too quickly. At least that works on my Mini....

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Further to last - I have a much better success rate 'swiping up' if I leave my fingertip on the screen for a fraction of a second at the top of the swipe. So much to learn, so little time...🤪

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Swiping up is a lot harder??

There are now two discreet swipe gestures on the iPad. A fast swipe up brings one back to the home screen, a slow swipe up brings one to the recent app display. It takes a bit of practice to get the slow swipe speed for some since it's new.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Being 'deliberate' covers it. And just like the 'relocated control centre', once used to it, it's just fine, in fact if you wish to access 'volume' from the control center onscreen, rather than using the buttons which can be troublesome with some iPad cases, particularly the sturdier 'mil-spec' types, it's great.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner