Anyone have an idea when Waze will be updated to work with CarPlay? The last I read was that they were beta testing but haven’t seen any estimates time wise.
    09-18-2018 07:35 PM
    Anyone have an idea when Waze will be updated to work with CarPlay? The last I read was that they were beta testing but haven’t seen any estimates time wise.
    I thought I just got that update the other day
    09-18-2018 07:37 PM
    I don’t know. It shouldn’t be much longer, I suppose, especially since Google Maps have been updated to work with CarPlay.
    btru82 and TylerLV76 like this.
    09-18-2018 07:38 PM
    Just checked. Wasn’t that my bad

Now I just need a car with CarPlay support lol
    btru82 and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-18-2018 07:45 PM
    I don’t know. It shouldn’t be much longer, I suppose, especially since Google Maps have been updated to work with CarPlay.
    Oh that’s good to know. Thanks. I will try that one tomorrow while I wait for waze!
    09-18-2018 07:49 PM
    Oh that’s good to know. Thanks. I will try that one tomorrow while I wait for waze!
    I tested it out earlier this afternoon when I went to grab a late lunch and it worked well. It looked good on my car’s infotainment display.
    09-18-2018 07:51 PM
    I tested it out earlier this afternoon when I went to grab a late lunch and it worked well. It looked good on my car’s infotainment display.
    Nice. I’m hoping that when waze comes out they keep all the alerts that the other apps don’t seem to have but I don’t know how much they can have going on with CarPlay’s abilities
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-18-2018 08:01 PM
    It’s worked really well for me following the hot fix. The original release had no sound for me. The graphics are pretty low quality, but I imagine those will be improved with time. Other than that, I’d expect it to be released soon with how great it’s working already.
    09-18-2018 08:11 PM
    My Rogue came with navigation. I like it a lot. It’s alerts me on road construction will re route ! It gives the speed limit. Even shows gas stations and prices. Voice directions. Like it better than my google maps and doesn’t use my data.
    09-18-2018 10:15 PM
    Thanks for this. Just reinstalled Google Maps to try it out. Apple maps is ok but I hate that you cant change routes mid navigation. Really looking forward to getting Waze back on my screen. Loved using it on Android Auto.

Side note: Am I imagining things or did Apple finally include the most needed update to CarPlay? Every time I connect and CarPlay starts it dumps my wifi connection and enables LTE. I don't know if this is coincidence or not but on iOS 11 it always kept my wifi connection going. I never understood allowing wifi in CarPlay since you're clearly not going to be sitting on wifi while driving.

Hopefully its actually happening on purpose because Ive been begging for that option for quite some time.
    09-18-2018 10:40 PM
    Even shows gas stations and prices.
    That feature is most likely part of a Sirius XM trial or subscription. I didn't keep my subscription and it was bye bye gas prices... And a few other things like sports scores and ski resort information.
    09-19-2018 08:38 AM
    Thanks for this. Just reinstalled Google Maps to try it out. Apple maps is ok but I hate that you cant change routes mid navigation. Really looking forward to getting Waze back on my screen. Loved using it on Android Auto.

Side note: Am I imagining things or did Apple finally include the most needed update to CarPlay? Every time I connect and CarPlay starts it dumps my wifi connection and enables LTE. I don't know if this is coincidence or not but on iOS 11 it always kept my wifi connection going. I never understood allowing wifi in CarPlay since you're clearly not going to be sitting on wifi while driving.

Hopefully its actually happening on purpose because Ive been begging for that option for quite some time.
    I’m not sure, but I have Wi-Fi in my car so whenever I connect my device and initiate CarPlay, it’s auto-connected to my car’s Wi-Fi network.
    09-19-2018 09:10 AM
    That feature is most likely part of a Sirius XM trial or subscription. I didn't keep my subscription and it was bye bye gas prices... And a few other things like sports scores and ski resort information.
    No it’s not. I have navigation in my vehicle. It’s not part of the Sirus XM
    09-19-2018 10:03 AM
    I can confirm it is in beta testing and is working in my car.
    09-19-2018 10:06 AM
    Also I had a 2016 Rogue prior. It didn’t have navigation! It did have the Sirus XM though. When I got the 2018 I asked for specifics and I have the SV model. The Navigation is part of the model not the Sirus XM
    09-19-2018 10:07 AM
    Nissan Connect.
    09-19-2018 11:07 AM
    No it’s not. I have navigation in my vehicle. It’s not part of the Sirus XM
    Cool, then. My Jetta has built in navigation too, but the gas prices were provided by Sirius and went away when I discontinued Sirius service. I like the sound of Nissan's built in navigation service better. 😊
    09-19-2018 12:08 PM
    So far it looks like the phone will display turn-by-turn directions and the car's screen will show the map.
    09-19-2018 12:10 PM
    I have an SD card mine is with Nissan
    09-19-2018 12:30 PM
    I can use my google too but I like the convenience of the navigation on my vehicle. I pay for that. SD card is embedded into mine so whether or not I keep Sirus I have navigation permanently. I like the extras I have with Sirus. So keeping it.
    09-19-2018 01:13 PM
    Double tap
    09-20-2018 03:29 PM
    Waze just releases a update with CarPly compatibility
    09-24-2018 01:59 PM
    Waze just releases a update with CarPly compatibility
    Updating now, ty
    09-24-2018 02:37 PM
    Updating now, ty
    No problem
    09-24-2018 02:38 PM
    I tried out the new Waze with CarPlay compatibility today. I found it slow to track my location and offer up an alternative route, when I deviated from the initially selected route. Also, while I gave it microphone access on my iPhone, the mic feature wouldn't work, the pulsing mic "listening" animation would flash on my cars screen, but it wouldn't / couldn't hear my voice.
    09-25-2018 04:14 PM
26 12